Force Vista64 to use Vista32 Drivers?

Agent5

Can anybody explain, why there are so many issues to obtain 64-Vista drivers?

I bought a new Trust 3500 Force Feedback steering wheel. This does not support 64-bit vista. And then I have a Huawei E220. This as well. Is there any way of FORCING 64-bit to accept the 32-bit drivers of Vista?

I can see what the issue is?

My Computer

Yeah... What a mission. But it is for the better I suppose. Eventually, we will sit with an opperating system and drivers that are stable and a OS that is un-crashable. Cant wait!

I'll go try the "tips `n tricks" to disable the "force". Hold thunbs. (Its my home PC, this forum I'm accessing from work). So I can only do it tonight. (Its 08:30am here in South Africa now)

I hope the Huawei E220 atleast will work. This will bring up my 3G connection at home.

My Computer

Vista 64 will use 32-bit drivers, but they must be signed. Obviously, yours are unsigned. There is a workaround to turn off the enforced driver signing in the Tips 'N' Tricks section of this forum at:

http://www.vista64.net/forums/tricks-n-tips/60393-disable-driver-signing-x64.html

It doesn't work for me, though.

K.

32-bit drivers don´t work on Vista 64. It has nothing to do with signing. It´s because the 64-bit architecture is different from 32-bit and therefore requires 64-bit drivers.

My Computer

32-bit drivers don´t work on Vista 64. It has nothing to do with signing. It´s because the 64-bit architecture is different from 32-bit and therefore requires 64-bit drivers.

...after moving a mini-mountain in attempts to get it to work, I am beginning to wonder if I shouldnt have gone Vista32? But I read there is a 10% increase in performance with a 64-bit CPU and 64-bit Vista vs. 64-bit CPU and 32-bit Vista (Same CPU SPEC)

But with all of this hassle, I'm getting really annoyed with the Vendors, not Microsoft. They recon not enough people will use 64-bit Vista... So they will not develop drivers... What a load of bull... :(

My Computer

Back