Solved Game Crash followed by massive computer fail

Hi i recently re-installed a game that i have played before with no issues.

I played the game for about 40 minutes to an hour, and when i closed the game and opened another, my computer quickly lost framerates.75,65.....1...0. and it freezes.

With no other options i hold in the power button to turn off the computer. Trying to reboot the computer seemed normal until it reached the microsoft loading screen. It sat loading for a good 10-15 minutes before i gave up, hitting the power button yet again.

The computer told me that it was unable to start windows and gave me the option to check for errors, so i did.

i was met with " The instruction at 0xfcd45e00 refrence memory at 0x00000101. The memory could not be written."

also same messege with 0xfcf55e00.

Frustrated, thinking i have lost my computer i shut it off and came in search of answers. I went back to my computer after about 45 minutes and tried again. This time it allowed me to do a CHKDSK which i allowed it to complete. To my surprise It booted up windows after completing the CHKDSK. Only problem is now, alot of my programs seem to be currupt and the computer is just running very very veryyyy slowly.

This is my current state, i appreciate any help.:cry:

My Computer

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Scanners (read the details at the link)

I would normally suspect that this is a failing hard drive - but have just seen this behavior on an infected system at work. We haven't finished fixing it yet, so I can't identify the problem - but the above diagnostics will let us know which is most likely.

My Computer

Hello KevinKachel and welcome to the forum.

Please try and do the following as we will start with ths first, the errro code in some cases can be a BSOD, but lets try this first.

1. Run a full up-dated Virus scan using your computer security software.

2. Run a full scan using malwarebytes, here is the link and download the free version. Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download. After this is down and we hope there is no Virus, malware or spyware, if these pass with no probelms then we need to look and see if your ram is good or faluty you can run this test for your ram.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums
When running this test you need to make 8 passes to make sure you ram is ok...

It also can be excessive heat problem. So dust off your CPU heatsink and see if that helps.

You might want to try and keep a close watch on your heat here are a couple of good programs..

Core Temp

CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.almico.com/images/sf01.jpg

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    a6530f Desktop
    CPU
    HP-PAVILION
    Motherboard
    M2N68-LA (Narra3)
    Memory
    8 Gigs of Ram/DDR2 PC2-6400 MB/sec
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Sound Card
    Intergrated Realtex ALC888S Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG W40 series widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1600 X 900
    Hard Drives
    1 640 GB Sata transfer rating: 3.0 Gb/sec speed: 7200 RPM
    PSU
    300W
    Case
    Mid-Size ATX
    Keyboard
    HP Multimedia Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000
    Other Info
    Processor: AMD Phenom X3 8450 Operating speed: Up to 2.1 GHz, Number of cores: 3, Socket: AM2+, Bus speed: 3600 MHz HT3 (clocked down to 2000 MHz)

Modem: 56K WinModem/

Supermulti: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X Ram (+/-)R DL Lightscribe SATA Drive

Menory Card Reader: 15-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader

Media Drive
Hello americancritic. Got some good news. I let my computer run a CHKDSK which is the only thing i could really do, and after the CHKDSK was complete, i am on my computer right now, and its running 100% normal. Although im scared to do anything D:

My Computer

Well thats wonderful, play with it for a while and see if it stays the same or gets worse and theen let us know...

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    a6530f Desktop
    CPU
    HP-PAVILION
    Motherboard
    M2N68-LA (Narra3)
    Memory
    8 Gigs of Ram/DDR2 PC2-6400 MB/sec
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Sound Card
    Intergrated Realtex ALC888S Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG W40 series widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1600 X 900
    Hard Drives
    1 640 GB Sata transfer rating: 3.0 Gb/sec speed: 7200 RPM
    PSU
    300W
    Case
    Mid-Size ATX
    Keyboard
    HP Multimedia Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000
    Other Info
    Processor: AMD Phenom X3 8450 Operating speed: Up to 2.1 GHz, Number of cores: 3, Socket: AM2+, Bus speed: 3600 MHz HT3 (clocked down to 2000 MHz)

Modem: 56K WinModem/

Supermulti: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X Ram (+/-)R DL Lightscribe SATA Drive

Menory Card Reader: 15-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader

Media Drive
Well , shortly after making that post, it started getting slow and eventually froze, so i think that its completly gone.

Looking at your previous post, i dont know if steps 1-2 can happen, as the computer cant stay alive for more then ten seconds.

Also, when i made that post being on my computer i run Speed Fan. every component was below 60 degrees C. usually in the 54-57 range.

I will give it a dust off see if that helps seeing as this computer is quite dusty...Also could we maybe start looking at best/worst case scenarios? is there a way i can test what needs replacing in my computer?(is it just my hard drive? did my ram somehow get it? is everything including the motherboard gone?)

My Computer

I just took my computer apart, and to say my computer was a little dusty was an understatement...My proccessor heatsink had 100% dust blockages. the video card was in similar condintions, along with the exhaust fan and the power supply were all in equally poor conditions...could this problem truely stemmed from to much dust?!?!

My Computer

Yes it's possible that the clogs could've raised the temps enough to cause this - although I'd have expected to see something on SpeedFan if it were the processor/mobo. As such I'd have to wonder about it being the video card. Here's a free stress test that can tell you the temps of your video card (if so equipped):

FurMark download site: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90ºC. Then watch the system from that point on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave it it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!
- Click "Quit" to exit

My Computer

ok i cleaned out my computer. Windows loaded up without a hitch, and im now posting from my afflicted pc once again. opening up speed fan everything is running much cooler... although i found it odd that my computer is running 50% of the ram at a standstill. So looking further into speed fan, its telling me that i only have 2gigs of ram, when my pc has 4 gigs. So...im guessing i just straight up lost a 2gig stick...what the heck??? where do i go from here. Did this cause all my problems to begin with?

My Computer

Back