Help with Security/Administrator Issue

Barbee

I bought this new computer with Vista (expensive too!) and now I can't do the thing I love best with my computer. I play Sims 1 and I use PSP 7 to recolor and recreate objects and I have a program that transfers the objects from the Sims game to my PSP 7 program called Transmogrifier. The way it works is that when you are finished working on you iff object in PSP 7 you transfer it back to the Sims game via this Transmog program. The object is coming back to the Transmog but not appearing the game. There is a folder in the download section of the Sims game called "transmogrified" and the objects are supposed to go directly into it when I import the object. It's not happening.

The only thing I can figure is it must be the administrator/security issue that won't allow the Transmog to put a file into the Sims folder.

How can I get around it? The computer will collect dust if I can't contiinue with my hobby.

:cry:

My Computer

Have you tried running Transmogrifier as an administrator? (Right-click on it and click "Run as Administrator...") If that works, let me know and we'll make it so that you won't have to right click every time.

My Computer

When I first had the problem I uninstalled the Transmog program and reinstalled it and used the "Run as Administor" and my file did show up in the folder and I was happy. However, the very next object I spent hours creating won't show up again. Do I have to reinstall using "Run as Administor" everytime?

thank you for helping me.

My Computer

You shouldn't have to reinstall each time, but you do have to run as an administrator each time (unless I'm misunderstanding how this program works).

If you right click on the program executable file and click properties, you'll be able to make this the default option. Select the "Compatibility" tab and check the "Run this program as an administrator" box. This should solve your proglem each time afterwards. I'd recommend doing a couple 2 or 3 minute objects just to try it out and save you some time.

Let me know if this works.

My Computer

Back