Solved it does not work

ok here is my problem i can not import videos into my movie maker and some of the videos i play on windows media player do not have a picture just the sound. i have windows xp professional and can someone explain what is wrong and how to fix it?

My Computer

guest:
Hi, my name’s Cody, and I’m working with the Windows Media Outreach Team to answer questions and assist with issues that users might have regarding their copies of Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player.
The problems you are describing certainly sound like you’ve got an issue with codecs on your system. A codec is software that is used to compress or decompress a digital media file, such as a song or video. Codecs are used to create and play nearly all music or video files on your computer or on Websites. Without the right codecs, the files won't play correctly.
The easiest thing to do will be to use a codec tool to figure out exactly what codecs you may need to play the file.
Here are a couple of free tools that will do this for you: Gspot (GSpot Codec Information Appliance) and Sherlock (SHERLOCK - The Codec Detective - FREE Codec Check Checking Utility!) Both of these work great, and using these on your file will tell you what codecs you need to get a file running properly, without making you download anything that you don’t need.
Here’s a handy guide created by Microsoft that explains codecs in a bit more detail, and also gives you some trustworthy sites for downloading them: Using codecs
Let me know if these links are helpful! If not, we can try and figure out some other ways to fix the issue!
Thanks,
Cody
Windows Media Outreach Team

My Computer

thank you the first link you recommended worked perfectly and it is now working. once again thank you ^^

:party: go windows team go!

(btw i am a lil high atm <.< )

My Computer

Back