• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Latest DirectX Update

dmex

ɠɛɐǨ
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Microsoft has released an updated DirectX package for all versions of Windows. This is a DX9/DX10 update that's not going to show up on the Windows Update website, but is an official release required by all games for functionality.

The DirectX redistributable includes all the latest and previous released DirectX runtime. This includes the bi-monthly D3DX, XInput, and Managed DirectX components and provides the latest DirectX that developers include with newly released and all older Games.

Latest Update: March 2009

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

Supported Operating Systems:

Windows Vista
Windows Vista 64-bit Editions Service Pack 1
Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
Windows Vista Business N
Windows Vista Enterprise
Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
Windows Vista Home Basic
Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
Windows Vista Home Basic N
Windows Vista Home Premium
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
Windows Vista Service Pack 1
Windows Vista Starter
Windows Vista Starter N
Windows Vista Ultimate
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition

DirectX End-User Runtime Redistributable
Download details: DirectX Redist (March 2009)

Supported Operating Systems:

Windows Vista
Windows Vista 64-bit Editions Service Pack 1
Windows Vista Business
Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
Windows Vista Business N
Windows Vista Enterprise
Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
Windows Vista Home Basic
Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
Windows Vista Home Basic N
Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
Windows Vista Service Pack 1
Windows Vista Starter
Windows Vista Starter N
Windows Vista Ultimate
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft has released a updated DirectX package for all versions of Windows, This is a DX9/DX10 update that's not going to show up on the Windows Update website, but is an official release required by all games for functionality.

The DirectX redist includes all the latest and previous released DirectX runtime. This includes the bi-monthly D3DX, XInput, and Managed DirectX components and provides the latest DirectX that developers include with newly released and all older Games.

Latest Update: June 2008

Download details: DirectX WebSetup Update (Online Installer)

Download details: DirectX Standalone Update (Offline Installer)

thats just amazing, its exactly what ive been waiting for :party::party: thanks Dmex!

johngalt

Antidisestablishmentarian
Vista Guru
Vista includes Dx 10 by default. Updating using the updater from M$ updates *both* as was already stated in the thread earlier.

If you game uses Dx 10 then it will continue to use Dx 10. If it uses Dx 9 then it will continue to use Dx 9.

I tried installing the direct X update and failed due to an error that was ~"a required library wasn't found" or something similiar.

I went through all the microsoft steps to try and fix this and several of the steps were making sure that ~8 DLLS were set to an active state through the command line.

Much to my horror I have found that ~4 of those 8 DLLS are missing.

I am curious if doing the system recovery steps will replace those DLLS for me?

I heard that there is DX 10.1 and it's very cool. I watched the picture with DX 10, and the same picture with 10.1, and the wather is soooooo better.... Is there DX 10.1 for download? thanks...

dmex

ɠɛɐǨ
Vista Guru
Gold Member
I heard that there is DX 10.1 and it's very cool. I watched the picture with DX 10, and the same picture with 10.1, and the wather is soooooo better.... Is there DX 10.1 for download? thanks...
Hi xxxnixyxxx,

These install DX9/DX10 and DX10.1, Microsft provides only one DirectX installer for all the versions ;)

Steven