Navigation website canceled, then goes to LinkedIn

cat_tig

Any time i open internet explorer or click on a link in a page, instead of showing my home page or the page relevant to the link I clicked, i get a navigation error "Navigation to website canceled". It then goes to the login page for LinkedIn. I am a LinkedIn subscriber but have never set this as an option for my home page. I have also cleared all my internet history (cookies etc). Once the LinkedIn homepage has loaded I can click back then refresh the page and the page I wanted will display (usually).

How can I stop this from happening? I have Vista Home Premium, Office 2007 and IE7 on a Sony Vaio

My Computer

Sounds like you installed their software and it hijacked your browser. Unistall the software and then use a registry cleanup tool to get rid of the dross.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Dual Core E7200
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 800 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    GForce 8600GTS 512mb
    Sound Card
    Auzentech XFi Prelude 7.1 on Onkyo605 Rxer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    20" Samsung SyncMaster 206BW
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Internet Speed
    Sky UK
Thanks CoolChris. But I am not aware that LinkedIn has software that you install. And I'm certainly not aware of installing it. It is just a site you register on. That said, I would de-register if I thought it was going to get rid of the problem. And their IT support has been of no support.

My Computer

K, I see. Your browser if deffo hijacked though. I take it you are using IE7? If so then goto a page you want to set as your homepage, then click on the Home icon at the top of the browser, then add or change homepage, then the top option. Let me know if this fixes it. You could always do a complete browser reset via tools, internet options, advanced tab and then click reset.

Just seen this:did you install anything like this;

LinkedIn: LinkedIn Tools: Browser Toolbar

Ive been reading about this toolbar and it poses a security threat. It is recommended to uninstall this asap if you have this.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Dual Core E7200
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 800 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    GForce 8600GTS 512mb
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    20" Samsung SyncMaster 206BW
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Internet Speed
    Sky UK
Thanks so much. I did the IE reset and that has taken the problem away. I think the tool bar was installed. I have gone into our other user account on the same PC and disabled the linkedin toolbar (not sure how to remove it entirely).

Appreciate you help very much. :)

My Computer

No problem. Glad I could help. Its nice be be appreciated now and then.;)

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Dual Core E7200
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 800 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    GForce 8600GTS 512mb
    Sound Card