Solved Problem installing Office 2003

Llythrid

When I try to install Office 2003, I get the following error message:

'The requested operation requires elevation.'

I have tried right-clicking the command prompt and get an Administer Command Prompt window. As nothing else happens, what do enter in the window? It seems to have \ or > here and there! Nothing works:confused:

My Computer

Login as an Administrator. RIGHT click on the Office installation icon and click Run as Admininstrator. If elevation is the only issue here, that should resolve it.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc. MP061 Inspiron E1705
    CPU
    2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo 64 kilobyte primary memory
    Motherboard
    Board: Dell Inc. 0YD479 Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    Memory
    2046 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Di
    Sound Card
    SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (17.2"vis)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Chassis Serial Number: 5YK95C1
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1958 Kbps download ; 754.8 Kbps upload
    Other Info
    Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Dell AIO Printer A940

Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

6TO4 Adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Router Linksys / WRT54G -01
Sorry to be thick but where do I find the Office installation icon? I have unstalled this programme once, but can't remember how I got around the problem!:(

My Computer

If you downloaded it, it either came as a zipped folder which you would need to expand to get to the installation icon or if it is on a CD it will probably just be in the root directory (or there may be an installation folder of some sort containing these files) and called setup.exe or install.exe or something like that. It's been so long since I installed it myself, I honestly can't remember precisely where it is but it shouldn't be too hard to find. Post back how you have the program (CD or download) if you still can't figure it out and I'll try to find my old Office 2003 disks (wherever they are - :confused:) and see if I can locate the file and post it here. If you have a download, I'm afraid I don't know. Is the download a zip file or an exe file. If an exe file, that's the icon you're seeking. If a zip, unzip it and in the folder should be the icon you're looking for.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Router Linksys / WRT54G -01
Installed! I explored the Cd!
EXPLORE CD-ROM>Office11 Disc1 PROFESSIONAL> SETUP
Thanks Lorien, there were loads of files to look through, but I got there in the end:D

My Computer

Excellent news! Great work finding it and getting it done. I've very glad to hear that it is now installed and you are up and running. It was my pleasure - I'm pleased I was able to help (but really you did most of the hard work). And thanks for the rep and the comments - they are appreciated especially since you went out of your way to do it.

So it was in a SETUP Folder - I didn't remember that but it makes sense. Even though there may have been a lot of files, at least it didn't make it too difficult to find.

Don't forget to close out the thread by clicking the far right triangular icon at the top of your post and typing "solved" in the box and submitting it. The moderators will notice and put a green check next to the thread title. That way others seekings answers by searching the forums will know that this thread contains a solution to the issue identified in the title - and people seeking to help will not waste time checking out this thread since it has been resolved.

And welcome to Vista Forums! Now that you know where we are, bookmark the site and post anytime you have further questions or problems or if you just want to browse and learn (especialy the Tutorial section offers some excellent advice on a wide variety of topics) or even if you want to try to help answer a question if you happen to see one where you know the answer and it hasn't already been posted. While it most likely won't be me the next time (though it might), there are many very skilled, experienced, knowledgeable, and friendly people here who, like me, volunteer their time to help others and one or maybe even several will respond to your post to assist you. While there are other forums on the web that do this sort of thing, you've now found what I think is the best (and I've posted in and/or checked out quite a few) so don't lose this link - you never know when it might come in handy again.

Good luck and best wishes.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940