Solved problem with dell dimension 2400 (cant see anything)

2kanchoo

Hi I was going to look at a friends computer to see why it won't connect to the internet and have a problem. The dell bios screen comes up, then the windows xp loading screen, then nothing. I'm assuming it's something to do with the monitor drivers but I don't know how I can get drivers on to the computer when I can't see anything. I tried loading with last known working configuration, and I tried to boot in safe mode but it didn't work either. :cry:

Thanks

My Computer

What happens when you boot to Safe Mode?
What about Safe Mode with Command Prompt?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 8930G
when I try either safe mode a bunch of command prompts come up across the screen and then nothing. My only guess at what to do is use the discs at boot to return it to factory spec and hopefully that will let me get started.

My Computer

First try the option to Repair Your Computer (from teh same menu where you access Safe Mode) - when you get to the repair options, pick 'Startup repair' (I think that's the wording - been a while since I saw it in Vista!)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 8930G
I tried the windows repair, and had the same problem. I did a complete system restore and seem to be in business. It wouldn't connect to the internet, turned out I had to manually install some drivers from the driver disk. Windows updates underway. Thanks once again for the help vistaforums. :cool:

My Computer

Back