Solved Serious BSOD Problem !

Cristian13

Hello, I am having really bad BSOD issues on my computer. My computer is a Windows Vista Home Premium Inspiron x64 bit. Okay I know my CMOS battery is used up, has about 5 years of the battery so I just bought a Rayovac CR 2032 3 Volt Lithium Battery from Walmart. Now im just going to order a Anti Static Wrist Band and I will replace the battery. But i have no idea whats the problem. My computer turns on and if im using it. It will stay on for about 8 mins and than turn off. Sometimes going to a BSOD Blue screen. Reboots starts up again and turns off. Or sometimes my monitor goes to power save mode and turns off but my CPU is still running but the monitor is off. But so i inserted a Windows Vista Application Reinstall, but i clicked next and went to start up repair and found some errors but fixed it up, so theres no problem. Right now my computer is on and working right because im in Safe Mode & Networking but sometimes it turns off. But surprisingly it hasn't turned off right now. But im having some serious BSOD problems, I need help because I don't know whats the problem I'm confused and I need help immediately. I also followed the instructions and i attached the SF Diagnostic .zip file with all my information noted in, as I ran the program successfully.

Thanks !

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc.
    Memory
    4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell Computer DELL S1909WX - 19 inches
Welcome
File not attached, follow instructions and try again. We need that file.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Hello Cristian13,

In addition to what Richard has said, I would request you to run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics. Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. I would also like to know if you are getting any stop error code when ever you get a stop error code. If yes, please refer to the article on Microsoft Windows Crashes, Restarts or a Blue Screen Appears. The article is for Windows 7. However, the steps are similar for Windows Vista.

Please write back with results.

My Computer

Okay hopefully now i attached the file. An yeah i ran ePSU test already and I have no problems at all. Just my computer keeps shutting down and today there was a code that said this " oxc0000428 " something that said that windows is being preventing from booting, or something that installed which be malicious but i dont think so because i have Norton Internet Security 2013 up to date, and Malware Bytes Anti Malware up to date.

Heres the zip if you cant see it attached:

http://www.vistax64.com/attachments...079358-serious-bsod-problem-sf_11-06-2013.zip

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc.
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Okay thanks Richc46, i will run verifier.exe tonight as you asked and I will let you know the results after 36 hours past while running. Yeah my computer has recieved so many BSOD's. Well today I chose on boot up "Last Successfull Configuration Bootup" alright computer booted up will no BSOD. Until a Windows Update popped up, and it said Restart or Postpone I chose restart so Update installed successfully but automatically when it updated booted up and I logged in I recieved a BSOD immediately. I think a Windows Update, probably updated my driver corrupting it and causing it to have BSOD, thats my guess but I dont really know. Years ago this same problem happened but I reinstalled my whole windows vista with the reinstallation cd but this time i do not want to reinstall it. I want to figure out a solution so this won't keep happening. But i will run verifier.exe for 36 hours as you said. By the way I had to boot my computer up with Hirens Boot CD (HBCD) since thats the only way I could respond to this post and surf the web, because If i boot up my computer normally i'll Recieve a BSOD immediately every time. But i will enter safe mode and run verifier.exe hopefully this solves the problem.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc.
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Okay richc46 i have good news. Okay i deleted existing settings from verifier.exe, and searched msconfig.exe and ran as administrator, unchecked Load Up Start Up Items, and Hid All Microsoft Services, and Disabled All Services. An restarted the computer, went through normal boot up. Logged in, and has not turned off in a BSOD or anything, computer has been running fine. So i think there is a application that is causing the BSOD's because my computer doesnt have a problem so far. I'm going to see how far my computer runs and if it turns off or not.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc.
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
Now a Windows Update Box popped up saying Restart or Postpone, but if run the Update my computer will crash in a BSOD back again its either the Update or an Application. I Mostly thinks its probably the update and im scared to run the update. How can i disable windows update so it will not update my computer.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc.
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Okay Thank You So Much richc46 ! :) Surprisingly my computer has not turned off at all. Looks like the problem has been found thanks to you richc46 ! I Really appreciate your help, and time. Glad there was a solution.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc.
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
Okay Thank You So Much Richc46 for your help i really appreciate it ! Surprisingly my computer has not turned off at all and its been running for an hour already. Looks like a solution was finally found. I really appreciate your help :)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc.
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
You are welcome. I am glad that I could help sort your problem.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Hello I've been having BSOD problems since last summer and dont know who to fix them. Last summer i couldnt even log in without going in safe mode so someone on here recommended a clean boot which alleviated the problem about being unable to log in but it has been a recurring issue since then and I don't know why. Sometimes I get the iastor.sys message and other times I get the irql not less or equal to so im not sure what the problem is. I also get the 0x000000076 message at times as well. I am attaching the files from last summers computer state and the current state of my computer. It might also be related to why i cant install a security update from windows update if anyone can help me on that too.

Attachments

• ref346.zip
    660.6 KB · Views: 0

My Computer

Back