• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Show us your rig

Dzomlija

Resistance is Futile
Vista Guru
Gold Member
I'm curious to see what other people are using to run Vista. Many members give raw specs in their signatures, but thats not really enough, is it?

I'd like to see photographs of all the various rigs that people are using. But I think in order to minimise the impact on the servers, please make your posts with links to your galleries on ImageBucket or PhotoBucket.

To get started, here is my computer, which I've named Venus, after the goddess of beauty:

Dzomlija/Venus - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

wow...definitely way more advanced than me...lol mines simple and clean...lemme get the pics in like 5 hours...jus wanted to post somethin real fast..

looks great

@ dzomlija
are those all just HDD, DVDS, and CDS...?
ton of stuff man
lemme get back to u guys with the pics....get me a week kinda busy
these are old and with a crappy camera when i first turned on my computer!
wayy different now

IMGA0468.jpg

IMGA0471.jpg

Dzomlija

Resistance is Futile
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Yes MAtthews2010, those ar all HDDs you see in there :). You can't see the DVD Writer, just above that lot.

Your rig looks pretty cool. And you got an LCD display. Something that I do not...

and dzomlija it was a great idea of you posting this thread, its great seeing those rigs even though i have only seen 2 so far..
also jus kinda curious wat kind of HDDS are those? and why so many?

Dzomlija

Resistance is Futile
Vista Guru
Gold Member
and dzomlija it was a great idea of you posting this thread, its great seeing those rigs even though i have only seen 2 so far..
also jus kinda curious wat kind of HDDS are those? and why so many?
5 of the HDDs are IDE (80, 80, 100, 120, 250), and the other 3 are SATA (100, 120, 250, setup as a JBOD array). As for why so many? I get to keep all 67,000 MP3s, Recorded TV shows, 95,000+ photos, Programming, Downloads, Work documents, etc. all in one place so that I don't need to waste time using my CDs and DVDs. Easier to find the stuff when I need it.

The 200GB IDE drive I use for storing temporary backup images of customer hard disks before I start any kind of work...

Dzomlija

Resistance is Futile
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Looks good Mathews2010. Do you go to LANs alot? Those cool blue lights give it a little bit of character. Can't see much detail, though. Photos are a bit dark :(

Dzomlija

Resistance is Futile
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Very nice, Roy69. I like your workbench. Nice and cosy in the corner without being too cramped.

What native res does your monitor have? Looks like it's a monster gaming monitor!

roy69

47,65,65,6B
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Yep it runs at 1680 x 1050 native. It is also fast, being able to runn all the games at full spec (so far). The workbench was quite expensive (more than the monitor), but I use the computer quite alot so I may as well spend the money on something I would benifit from.

My setup changes year to year but this is what I've been working with for the past 6 months. The Sony Bravia has been absolutely fantastic to work with. Media Center + OTA HD programming still puts a smile on my face.

Dzomlija

Resistance is Futile
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Wow. That monitor must really be great for movies, FDisker. I bet it'll eat my table for breakfast!

Thanatos420

Power User
My latest build....

Asus Maximus Formula SE X38 Motherboard
E6750 @3.4GHz
Thermalright Ultra 120 Xtreme and Scythe S-Flex 120mm Fan
4x 1GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066
EVGA 8800 GT @ 675MHz Core
2x WD 36GB Raptor SATA RAID 0
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w
Antec 900

Primary Display - Samsung 226CW
Secondary Display - Dell 1905 FP

My general setup...

Brink

Staff member
mvp
Ok Guys, here I am.

I do not have anything fancy. It's just your standard OEM eMachines T5048-A with a 17" LCD monitor and added memory.

Hope your not disappointed. ;)

Shawn

17_Monitor.jpg Mini_Tower.jpg

roy69

47,65,65,6B
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Ah thanatos420, nice case;). What speed do you have the fans on. Mine are on full but my cpu does stay around 32.c

Thanatos420

Power User
I have them all of the Tri-Cools on Medium. Fairly quiet except for the 8800 GT fan. You have to crank it up to at least 60% fan speed to accomodate 3d gaming. The Ntune app doesn't scale the fan control as it should, and EVGA hasn't put out the BIOS update for my model just yet.