SP1 and Boot Screen issue?

PsychPosse

I have been using a different boot screen for awhile, with no issues.

I updated to SP1 and everything seems to have went just fine. But it did, for some reason, change my boot screen back to the original.

No big deal, I thought, I will just change it again. I did that, and it seemed to go fine until just now (a day later).

Now the boot screen once again is back to the factory boot screen, and I cannot get it to change to my custom.

I can change the .mui file in the windows/system32/en-US folder (winload.exe.mui) with no problems.

But when I restart, it is the factory boot screen.

Any ideas?

My Computer

Archpope, Thank you for the reply.

I will give that a try but for now I am working with a Microsoft Tech. on the issue and will work with that first.

I am now having another problem which is a serious "Hang" on start up. I have 2 OS, after I select the OS to boot, it hangs and I have to power off and restart, it always boots on the restart. My other OS (which is Vista Ultimate as well) boots just fine. But I have the same boot screen issue with that OS too.
I don't think there is a clash between the same OS, as I have had it this way for quite sometime with no issues. I do think that it is a clash with a program I have on the primary OS. My 2nd OS has very limited progams; I have the 2nd OS because I plan to build a new desktop, but I installed it on here for now because the chkdsk wouldn't work at all on the primary OS. (yes, i have two separate licenses)

My Computer

Still waiting for Microsoft to get back to me. The did respond already with some suggestions, all of which I had already tried of course. Now I am just waiting for their response on my 2nd report.

Anyway, I decided to check out that Visual Master. I tried using it to replace the boot screen. No go, the message I get is: "incorrect version of mui" ?? huh? they worked fine before.

vistavisualsp8.jpg

My Computer

See if Vista Visual Master can change it. If it can't, it might at least give you an error that you can research to find the underlying cause. And if it does work, then switching boot screens will be easy!
Koko ni Click o shimasu

"Koko ni kurikku sh*te kudasai" wa tadashii desu yo. 'o Shimasu" wa jibun de suru~tte koto desu kara.

Nohongo wo mo chotto benkyo surereba ii, daro...

{edit for Profanity filter blanking out the Japanese verb for "To Do". Substitute an i for the * please}

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Proudly Built by Me!
    CPU
    Intel Q6600
    Motherboard
    DFI UT LP P35 T2R
    Memory
    8GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 C44GK 4-4-4-12 2T
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire Radeon 4870x2
    Sound Card
    AuzenTech Prelude 7.1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 Acer P243 24" and 1 Samsung T260 26" Monitor/HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    Both are running at 19x12
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (Vista x64)
    Seagate 500GB 7200.11 (Win 7 x64)
    PSU
    OCZ GameXtream 900w
    Other Info
    FSB at 400 (1600) Mhz, CPU Multi @ 8 for 3.2Ghz
I would appreciate it if English was used, so that I and everyone else can understand what is said.
It appears that you have "profane" feelings about the visual master software.

I did try it, and although it would not use the .mui files that previously worked, it did work in making new .mui files and it did effectively replace the boot screen.
This still does not tell me why SP1 changed the boot screen to the Aurora and why it will no longer accept the .mui files that were working. I downloaded them from the vista boot screen library.

My Computer

Back