Solved transfer music + itunes from Drive C to K?

I was wondering if I would be able to transfer all my music (WMA + itunes files/folders) from my Acer C to New Volume K and still have all my music work the same; meaning itunes still opens normally, etc...

- I use New volume K as my photo and video storage space and works fine, that's why I think this should work to?

-111GB in each drive
C = 62.7GB used
K = 35.2GB used

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 4730Z
Should be ok, but it depends on a couple things: first, I'm assuming you're not actually moving the iTunes program to your K drive, you just want to be able to move all your music to that partition and make no changes to the iTunes program, right? Because if you're trying to move your entire iTunes program to K that would be tricky (and as far as I can see, it would be pointless). So if you just move all your music to your K drive, iTunes will probably throw a thousand different errors at you saying it can't find any of your music, and that will suck. But before I tell you how to do it correctly, I kneed to know one thing: Do you have iTunes set up to copy all your media to the iTunes folder when you add it, or not? To find out, open iTunes and go to File at the top left, then go down to Library, then click Organize Library. Tell me if the box that says "Consolidate files" is checked or not.

Also, just to be clear, your K drive is just a partition on the same Hard Drive as your C drive, right? It's not on a different computer or external HD or something?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 1545
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz
    Motherboard
    DELL - 27d90219 Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (DPMS), 15.3" (34cm x 19cm)
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Internal 320 GB
    Portable 320 GB used for separate storage of media, plugged into USB port as needed.
    Cooling
    Single built in fan
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touchpad, + Logitech wireless mouse (USB)
    Internet Speed
    ~150 kilobytes/sec DL
    Other Info
    Usually have low HD free space left (<10 GB), often left on overnight. I really push its capabilities.
Consolidate files is not checked, and the K drive is on the same computer (its my old D drive, formed from unallocated memory)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 4730Z
I have the itunes program saved in my Acer C drive, just the media files and artwork would be dragged from my music desktop and copied to the K drive and clear up some space. I can try and see what happens. I have it all saved on an external hard drive...

-- what would Consolidating the files in itunes do? should it be checked?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 4730Z
Ok so you're just going to edit the location for your iTunes media folder to where you want your music to be on your K drive and then check that box! To edit that location, go to Edit, Preferences, Advanced and either type in the new path or click Change and browse for it. Then, when you click the consolidate files box, it will copy all your media to that location and you can delete the originals that are on your C drive. :)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 1545
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz
    Motherboard
    DELL - 27d90219 Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (DPMS), 15.3" (34cm x 19cm)
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Internal 320 GB
    Portable 320 GB used for separate storage of media, plugged into USB port as needed.
    Cooling
    Single built in fan
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touchpad, + Logitech wireless mouse (USB)
    Internet Speed
    ~150 kilobytes/sec DL
    Other Info
    Usually have low HD free space left (<10 GB), often left on overnight. I really push its capabilities.
Back