Trouble Installing SP1 Vista Business 32-bit

divrdrew

I am hoping that someone here can help with this. I am a volume license user of Vista Business and have the SP1 DVD. When I attempt to install it, I get the following error:

Internal Error While installing the service pack. Error code 0x8007000E. See Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1: "Installation was not successful" or "An internal error occurred while installing the service pack" for details.

I went through the system file checker (CMD - sfc /scannow) and it reported errors it could not fix. The log is quite long and I can post it here if anyone would like to see it.

Tried to repair via Vista DVD, but only options are restoring system to earlier point or startup repair (if Vista won't boot) among others...none seem to be applicable to my problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My Computer

I am hoping that someone here can help with this. I am a volume license user of Vista Business and have the SP1 DVD. When I attempt to install it, I get the following error:

Internal Error While installing the service pack. Error code 0x8007000E. See Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1: "Installation was not successful" or "An internal error occurred while installing the service pack" for details.

I went through the system file checker (CMD - sfc /scannow) and it reported errors it could not fix. The log is quite long and I can post it here if anyone would like to see it.

Tried to repair via Vista DVD, but only options are restoring system to earlier point or startup repair (if Vista won't boot) among others...none seem to be applicable to my problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
If the upgrade option is enabled on your Vista DVD, then you might try a repair install of Vista as a prelude to SP1. There is an excellent repair install tutorial here.

My Computer

Thanks
If the upgrade option is enabled on your Vista DVD, then you might try a repair install of Vista as a prelude to SP1. There is an excellent repair install tutorial here.

Thanks. Finally got SP1 to install after booting into safe mode. Ran sfc again and seems that things are now okay.

My Computer

Back