Solved Update on 17th now no internet

hello all;
i did updates on 17OCT2010. now ie8 will not load anything, it just keeps trying but never fully connects.

i am afraid one of the security updates did the damage. tryed unistalling them to no avail. unfortunently i dont have restore turned on.

can anyone help?

My Computer

can't promise it will work but you can try below:

1.Uninstall all 3p security software
2.Disable all add-ones in IE and reset IE,reset winsock and other (details in the links -especially in the second one are very good advices)

Internet Explorer - Enable or Disable Toolbars and Extensions Add-ons - Windows 7 Forums

Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Issues - Windows 7 Forums
(apply everything what is in this tutorial)

3.Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe as administrator)
and type:

netsh winhttp reset proxy

+ restart

4.Open device manager,go to network adapters section and make sure there are not any error with any card or any virtual device.Post screenshot if you find any error.Event if there is no errors in network adapters section then disable for the moment your network card and re-enable it again

5.Reset HOSTS file to defaults by using this one MS Fix it ->Microsoft Fix it 50267

If really nothing help I have questions

1.Does ping command work? e.g

ping google.com

2.Are you absolutely sure your computer is not infected?
Check it by using e.g this one Malwarebytes

Prepare log from SilentRunners CLICK (right click on link and choose "Save As",this is vbs script),log attache to post.

My Computer

:party::DHOAAH!
Thank you sir, I am back online. I did the two fixit repairs and both sets of CMD operations mentioned in # 6 and 7 and I am go to go thank you for your expertise and time!
george!

My Computer

I am new here and am posting because I have the same problem. After the automatic update of the 17th I lost my internet service. Wherever I connect my computer sees the router but will not connect to the internet. Why does Microsoft continue to make these errors? I am in the bush in Senegal doing voluntary work so communication for sending data is 100% required. If someone can give clear precise instructions how to get out of this mess I would appreciate it;..

My Computer

I am new here and am posting because I have the same problem. After the automatic update of the 17th I lost my internet service. Wherever I connect my computer sees the router but will not connect to the internet. Why does Microsoft continue to make these errors? I am in the bush in Senegal doing voluntary work so communication for sending data is 100% required. If someone can give clear precise instructions how to get out of this mess I would appreciate it;..

1.Right click on network connection>>diagnose and repair
What does it say?
2.Go to Start>>Search>>services.msc and make sure DHCP Client servis is working and set to AUTO,TCP/IP NetBios Helper is started and set to AUTO,Wired Auto-Config and WLAN Auto Config are started and set to AUTO -of course for you it's important only one of them,it dependce what kind of connection do you have.
3.Disable router for half minutes and re-enable it again
4.Upgrade firmware for router.What's your model?
5.If it issue with recognising DNS and upgrading firmware does not solve problem,it seems some routers may have issues with co-work with Vista/Windows 7 then disable DHCP server in router and configure everything manually

Manually setting up a wired network connection in Windows
DNS Addressing - How to Change in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums

My Computer

Back