Solved Updates caused ultimate to restart over and over again

yawer3

my systems is running turon 64 x2 with windows vista ultimate it updated itself and needed to restart (thinking microsoft must'av thought this one through ) I RESTARTED

WROOOONG :mad:

it restrted alright but now just keeps restrting coming to startup splash screen and says updating configuration and restrts again ...

dosn't go to safe mode
dosn't load last known good configuration
dosn't even restore

oh yeah and its my BOSS's BOSS laptop ...im sooo screwed
:cry: PLEASE HELP Y'ALL

Regards
Yawer Shaikh

My Computer

SYMPTOMS RESOLVED

When you try to install update 937287 from Windows Update on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may receive the following message: configuring updates stage 3 of 3. 0% complete
After you receive this message, the computer restarts, and then you receive the same message again. Windows will not start and the computer continues to restart and display the same message. The update is not installed successfully.
RESOLUTION

To resolve this problem, use the following methods in the order in which they are presented. Method 1 is the simplest fix, and method 3 is the most complex.
  • Method 1: Start Windows with the Windows installation media, and then use the Repair feature
  • Method 2: Start the system in safe mode, and then use the System Restore feature
The methods described in this article are for intermediate to advanced users.

Note You must be logged on to Windows with a user account that is a computer administrator to complete this method. If this is your personal computer, you are likely already logged on with an administrator account. If this is a computer that is part of a network at work, you might have to ask the system administrator for help. To verify that you are logged on to Windows with a user account that is a computer administrator, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Help and Support (Help and Support)

My Computer

Back