Vista 64 + Elements 5 = Error?

Nailzaz

I read that Adobe’s Photoshop Elements handles photo importing more gracefully (more options, etc…), I installed it (version 5.02), and it really does do a better job than the native Vista Photo Importer.

It seems to do this using the “Adobe Photo Downloader”. However, when I boot I get an error now:

“The program or feature “\??\c:\windows\Twunk_16.exe” cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.”
Any advice / help would be appreciated. Especially if someone has Elements working (importing photos) with Vista 64.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

My Computer

patch 5.02

Patch 5.02 is only for vista 32 bit, Adobe doesn't support vista 64. I work with Elements 5 on vista ultimate 64, it works but since yesterday it freeze, when I stop the launcher in proces it works again.

My Computer

hai Paul,

The patch 5.02 is only ment for Vista 32 bit. I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit en work fine with Elements 5.0. Only since yesterday it freeze. I think when I installed Java. But even after de-installation it still freeze. I can get it to work when I start Elements and after the welcome screen appears I have to stop the process "adobe launcher" then everything works fine. O, what isn''t working since the beginning is backup directly to DVD, program say's the driver of the dvd recorder isn't working or so. I backup a file and burn it with ashampoo. Good luck.

Edwin

My Computer

Back