Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100

Philp47

Here's another tricky one.
This important security update will not update. It is only 606Kb.
Microsoft says it is caused by a virus problem. I have Norton 360 installed. Norton say it is not a virus.
Microsoft say pay us $120 to fix it. I say I can't afford to pay that for something when I have no way of knowing exactly what the problem really is.
This has been going on since November 2014. All the other updates are installed immediately but not this one.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2 x86 (KB2968292)

Installation date: ‎9/‎04/‎2015 4:08 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800B0100

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:
MS14-057: Description of the security update for the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: October 14, 2014

Just noticed this more recent one failed to update -
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2884256)

Installation date: ‎16/‎03/‎2015 5:43 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800F0825

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:
MS13-081: Description of the security update for USB drivers: October 8, 2013

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

Any ideas please?

Last edited:

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Thanks Richard and I seem to remember trying to do that some months ago with the same result - it would not install!!
KB947821, Hotfix for Windows
Vista 32bit Home Premium.
You really gotta luvvit when even the Microsoft diagnostic tool of 147 MB will not install!!

My Computer

Back