Solved Windows 7 professional install stuck on checking file CRC?

sellejr2

I downloaded windows 7 from my MSDNAA e-academy. After it downloads it then goes to unpacking. But at the very beginning the progress bar is stuck on checking file CRC(the very first bar out of the whole process). Tried downloading multiple times and on two computers thinking it was a faulty download but same response. Is it just a bad file? Please help

My Computer

CRC is a cyclic redundacy check. The file might be physically corrupt, or the donwload might be corrupting it. Are you using wireless or a wired connection? Finally try a different extraction program. 7-zip sometimes fumbles on .rar archives, so try WinRar or Peazip.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Sony Vaio Z46GDU
    CPU
    [email protected] w/6MB L2 cache 1066MHz FSB
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    9300M GS 256MB + Intel Integrated 4500MHD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    13.1" WXGA True Colour Tough
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    320GB SATA 7200RPM
    Internet Speed
    1MB/s
Hey thanks for the reply, sorry im new to this forum. Yes I downloaded through the wireless router. I also attempted to just download another file(vista) just to make sure it wasnt that one windows 7 file, but same problem. Both are obviously an .SDC file, do you think i should give peazip a try?

So do you think I should try wired? Or maybe straight into the cable modem, maybe the firewall has some effect?

My Computer

Hey thanks for the reply, sorry im new to this forum. Yes I downloaded through the wireless router. I also attempted to just download another file(vista) just to make sure it wasnt that one windows 7 file, but same problem. Both are obviously an .SDC file, do you think i should give peazip a try?

So do you think I should try wired? Or maybe straight into the cable modem, maybe the firewall has some effect?

My Computer

Try wired. .sdc file?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Sony Vaio Z46GDU
    CPU
    [email protected] w/6MB L2 cache 1066MHz FSB
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    9300M GS 256MB + Intel Integrated 4500MHD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    13.1" WXGA True Colour Tough
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    320GB SATA 7200RPM
    Internet Speed
    1MB/s
FROSTMOURNE you are amazing! Plugged computer into ethernet rather than wifi and sure enough it worked flawlessly. Thank you so much.

Just a heads up for people looking for an answer the unpacking problem, plug their computer in to the router or etc. Turn off the wireless on computer and REDOWNLOAD it

thanks again man!

My Computer

Downloading from ethernet did not solve this problem. The loading screen still keeps checking the CRC over and over again. This is an unpacker from MSDNAA and there might be no other program that can unpack this sdc file. Anyone knows how to fix this problem?

My Computer

I downloaded windows 7 from my MSDNAA e-academy. After it downloads it then goes to unpacking. But at the very beginning the progress bar is stuck on checking file CRC(the very first bar out of the whole process). Tried downloading multiple times and on two computers thinking it was a faulty download but same response. Is it just a bad file? Please help

Note   Note
Post moved to Chillout Room since it is off topic of Vista. We have a sister site Seven Forums that you can get more specific help with Windows 7 at though. :)

I hope you get a solution soon,
Shawn

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
Found a sollution to the problem. Go download unpacksdc from http://imagi.pl/files/unpacksdc.zip

- move this unpacksdc.exe file into same directory as your sdc file
- open Run, then type cmd
- type cd <directory of your sdc file> (without the <>)
- type
UnpackSDC <file name.sdc> <where you want it to be unpacked> skipcrc

that should fix the problem.

My Computer

I have found out the file laid out from MSDN is corrupt and won't work properly. Unpacking it worked well with the unpacksdc.exe from imagi.pl.

My Computer

Same problem after downloading on a very stable connection.

Does the installation work after unpacking with the unpacksdc considering the CRC check fails?

EDIT: The .iso doesn't mount and can't be opened by WinRAR due to being damaged, I'm going to try to download it a couple more times but I've never had problems with any other MSDN Academy product so the problem is more than likely on their side.

Last edited:

My Computer

the iso file was damaged after unpacking it with unpacksdc so it won't work. call your MSDN section and ask for a cd with win7 they can give you.

My Computer

Back