Solved Windows Mail Problem

jimbo50

This is an old problem but one that hasn't been resolved yet, no-one else seems to have experienced this? I am resubmitting an edited version in the hope that it can be resolved.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am having a problem with my Windows Mail. I have had to do a restore using [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]the Packard Bell restore feature on the advice of my tech guy and have [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]encountered a problem. Prior to the restore everything worked fine. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The problem is in the send/receiving of mail. When I press the Send/Receive [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]button the Windows Mail dialogue box (showing the error tab) comes up a tells [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]me; [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]“Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]the list of errors below for more details” [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]No errors are showing and at the bottom of the box it shows “0 of 3 tasks [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]completed successfully”, this is checking my three accounts. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]At the bottom right hand corner of my screen it shows the number of the last [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]messages received. I can still send messages if I go to; Tools, Send and [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Receive and Send. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]On starting up my PC and Windows Mail, mail is received and sent in the [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]normal way but when I try Send/Receive any time after that the problem occurs. I can receive mail outside of start-up if I go to: Tools, Send and Receive, Receive All. It's a pain doing this but it does work[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have checked my ISP mailbox and there are no outstanding messages. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have three e-mail addresses and am operating Windows Vista Premium, all updates are downloaded automatically. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I had previously been using Norton 360 but on advice have cleaned it out, using removal tool, and installed AVG[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have also deleted my mail accounts and re-entered them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.[/FONT]

My Computer

Hallelujah, Hallelujah !!! At last, after browsing through a few more sites I started to see people with the same problem and with a simple solution.

To solve the Mail problem go to, Tools, Accounts and look at news and directory services, if there are duplicate entries, delete them and it should all work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

My Computer

Back