Windows Mail

sny

Vista Windows Mail

Maybe I am going blind , but I am trying to get ride of the Windows Mail service that load whit Vista 64x, and I can't find it. I have no need for it since I am using office outlook. Can anybody help me?

Last edited:

My Computer

Hello sny,

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to remove WM. All you can do is not load it and ignore it. Sorry.

Gary

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    CPU
    Intel Core2 Quad Q6600
    Memory
    Crucial Ballistix 4x2GB PC2 6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Creative SB X-Fi
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP w2207 + HPvs15
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050 + 1024x768
    Hard Drives
    2-WD5000AAKS-500 GB
    WD 5000AAV-500 GB external
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Comfort Curve
    Mouse
    MX Revolution
    Other Info
    Wacom Intuos 2 Graphics Tablet
    Experience Index=5.5
Re: Vista Windows Mail

Maybe I am going blind , but I am trying to get ride of the Windows Mail service that load whit Vista 64x, and I can't find it. I have no need for it since I am using office outlook. Can anybody help me?
Hello sny,
As Gary said, WM cannot be deleted because it is part of the Vista version. However, there is a "better than nothing" option -- Deny.
Right click on Windows Mail, click Properties, click Security tab,click EDIT, under Deny, check all the boxes, click APPLY, then OK.
ALSO, delete WM shortcut (if any) from the desktop. Go to Start menu, left panel right click on WM, click Remove From This List.
'Out of sight, out of mind". Will that do ? Please reply.

My Computer

Thank you, for your reply's. What I am looking for is a way to close the Winmail process that always is running. It is fin for me that this is a part of Vista, but why dos it have to run when it is not in use. Thank so fare guys.

My Computer

I don't remember a 'start at boot' option in WM. It might be in your start up folder. You could also check msconfig on the start up tab to see if it is listed. If so uncheck it and save. To get there type 'msconfig'(no quotes) is the search box at the bottom of the start menu and hit enter. Prompts=continue.

Only ideas I have. Hope it helps.
Gary

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    CPU
    Intel Core2 Quad Q6600
    Memory
    Crucial Ballistix 4x2GB PC2 6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB