I have Vista home basic 32bit And I am connected to DSL via ethernet (wired).
About a week ago I stared having a issue that my browsers would stop working(both firefox and internet explorer)I would get the typical error saying the connection has been reset.My modem was showing that I am connected tho.
At the same time my AIM messenger was working fine I was still connected and able to send and receive messages.I tried to reset my modem that didn't work.So I restarted my pc and that seemed to fix it.
This has continued to happen daily now usually around the same timeframe too.
I have scanned my pc with avast,super anti spyware and malwarebytes and they haven't found anything wrong.I tried disabling my firewal (pc tools firewalls plus) that didn't work.I read that zonealarm could cause this issue and i had it in the past but it's been long uninstalled.
The last thing i tried was i disabled avast web scanner and i reset the TCP/IP Winsock. And again it didn't work.
Could anyone shed some light on what the issue may be.. having to restart often is getting a tad annoying.