A challenge for me,

Allright, after searching and attempting to translate some german forums, Ive found out that ``Picture It 2001`` is not compatible with Vista. Too old programming code.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
Oh if only..

Been there done that too, I tried desperately to even find the pip.exe to load it and no, its not there, I looked for other consistent files as well, believe me, I have tried it all. DEP just goes crazy after awhile and kicks me out of the system and freezes up, then new signs appear all about the DEP, so with this fresh install I wont attempt that again but thank you Windows.

Jadeyn

My Computer

Not a problem at all; do you have plans on clean installing XP?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
No not any longer, I found some troubling issues in regards to the drive that could really screw me up, I basically need a step by step plan to follow through on a XP install, too many ins and outs and boy, I just cannot commit to that right now in my life. All I need is to find out my drive may never work again over a few un-calculated mistakes. I'm far from really being on top of teck designed things to really make this pie bake good in the oven. So, I have resolved to stay in basic no-where land with this silly Vista. Its just so many things were so much better with XP, Using Windows Picture and Fax Viewer was an added plus, you could resize pictures and change their extensions with absolutely no headaches and well I can say more, but wont, because unless I find a dead pc extra at a second hand shop I'm not going to bother. I have a pc here next to me with Windows but that is strictly for my Mixcraft program and nothing else. I keep the CPU rounded down to nothing so I can have ease of use with a musical program. Well that too is another story, now where were we, Oh ya, no, no more install for XP, but I sure thank you all for your on-going support and help in here. We would all be at a lost cause without the help, I mean this, we would.

Jadelyn

My Computer

Well, if you still feel like vista isnt the right OS for you, try upgrading to windows 7, its a simple one click installation and then the drivers are so EASY to update! Remember that driver genius tool I gave you? Just create a "driver backup" and save it on the 2nd partition of your HD (1st partition would be C:/ and 2nd would be D:/).

Here, let me explain a little tip.

When you do an OS installation, you can choose whether to install it on C:/ or D:/ (C:/ is normally better choice).
So that way, all the files that you have on D:/ remain untouched, so thats why you keep your backup images and driver backups there. :)

If you do a windows installation, keep that folder called "Driver Backup" that you will get from the driver genius tool and save it onto your D:/ partition, that way, you can instantly update your drivers with a few clicks of the mouse. :-)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
Hey Windows thank you on this..

For lack of knowledge, when does this actually take place? downloading geniusit onto Vista first, then re-install W/7 ? thats the part that throws me on all of that. I did consider W/7 but, since that too does not work with picture it. I dont want to chance having more issues or drive compatibilities, I would have to install the lightscribe drivers and well for my drive to work again it all appears to be a pain, or a Challenge but I have too many headaches now.

Thank you
Jadelyn

My Computer

First step is downloading the driver genius onto vista, doing the "driver backup", saving it on D:/ or on a USB drive, and then install Windows 7.

You might have a better chance of using windows 7's "XP Compatibility" choice, which basically lets you run the program as if you were using Windows XP.

You will probably not have driver issues if you keep the driver backup and ask for help here once your done.

Anyways, we'll leave this for another day, now its time to relax and watch a movie. :-)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
What? a movie, what's that? LOL.

I'm more a pc buff, I dont do movies very often but I get into reading alot. Thank you for your help and I may consider that Windows install, I'm thinking, maybe that may work. Not sure if the disk I have are primed for and HP pc or not if they are a Dell product. I think that is what my husbands did have and I did not label the disk, I suppose it will let me know that before crashing my system? I need a dummy pc, they are gone.

Enjoy the movie

Jadely

My Computer

Oh, its not your fault! Lol, I've been avoiding that movie all week now, I blame myself for not coming home early enough.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
We use Direct tv, you can record, save for later and well that list will blow you out of the water on a movie save, just a heads up..

Jadelyn

My Computer

We have something similar where I live, its called Telus Optic TV, pretty much identical to what you have, just with a big Netflix-like list of movies

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
Oh ya, well thats kosher..

Should slide the edge off being bored, well its a start. England? so far awayyyyyyyy, sounds like a great place to live though. Off to beddy bye I go, or the morning is going to be rather slowwwwwwww..

Jadelyn

My Computer

I guess you saw the post by ScootsieScootsie in the referenced article.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Wither, Hello..

Yes I did see that, I only have Dell disk and drivers that I can see before me, I dont think that will work on an HP machine, however, I have 3 disk here, and it is an operating system but not sure how to find out. It may be hp, I'm a bit hesitant to put the first disk in because they were made more than likely at best buy for back up re-installation and I think that was for HP. I just dont know if I should chance it and put it in the drive to see if it shows up since the GEED Squad created them.

Here I have about 5 or 6 maybe more installation disk Dell XPS, Windows 7, and the driver disk, just not for a HP machine. I am concerned about what I read with the one fella that no matter what he did the drive was no longer available, at all, I'm like what? even with correct installed drivers. , oh ya I have Windows Re-installation disk for XP home edition too which is also a Dell Disk, think I made a booboo getting HP this time.

Jadelyn

My Computer

Here I have about 5 or 6 maybe more installation disk Dell XPS, Windows 7, and the driver disk, just not for a HP machine.

Installation disk's shouldn't affect you based on the company/brand just as long as you manually install the drivers.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
Hey Windows..

I slipped it into the drive and here is what the master text said and that it was a I386, not sure about the drivers for this or exactly what this is, It was on an HP machine, I am sure they would work oppose to a Dell disk, going to do that too and see what comes up for kicks, why it slides off the boredom from a rather typical Friday..

[Master]
Language=english
ImageType=2
Win_ver=5
Win_Size=7019538
DriverCabName=DRIVER.CAB
UseCABInternalDate=no
CheckCRCAfterCopy=Yes
i386Attr=128
CDs=3
Files=14139
Size=8482381785