Add XP and partition questions

Well, I solved my problem. Microsoft's Virtual Machine. Downloaded it, installed it, installed XP Pro on it, installed SP2, installed my programs that wouldn't work on Vista. and all is well in the world!

Now to delete that partition. Wish I knew more about the VM before installing it and I would have put it on the other drive as I'm not sure how much room it took up (guess I could look). Guess I still can install it again elsewhere... another time. Now to the partition.... Will keep you posted on that.

My Computer

TA DA! Went in and crossed my fingers and deleted that partition even thought it gave that warning. Then went in and extended the other partition and it just sucked it up! There is a God!

My Computer

Hi Lynn,

Glad it worked out for you !

SIW2 :D

Click the middle icon at top right of this post if it helped -thanks

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Vista
    CPU
    Intel E8400
    Motherboard
    ASRock1333-GLAN R2.0
    Memory
    4gb DDR2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500GT 1gb
  • Operating System
    win7/vista
    CPU
    intel i5-8400
    Motherboard
    gigabyte b365m ds3h
    Memory
    ballistix 2x8gb 3200
Like they say, a little knowledge is dangerous. My husband had Ubuntu and wanted to get rid of it. I showed him how to delete the partition. Worked great till he tried to reboot. And needless to say, it locked up with an error message because it couldn't find the program (was a dual boot). Now he has to reinstall just to be able to get back into the computer. Not the first time I messed him up and probably not the last. But then I do fix things, too. Told him to put the disk in and reboot and reinstall it and it's working like a charm again. I learn a lot by trial and error and help from my "friends". Thanks to everyone here.

My Computer

Hi Lynn

Ooops! Well, we all learn the hard way

SIW2

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Vista
    CPU
    Intel E8400
    Motherboard
    ASRock1333-GLAN R2.0
    Memory
    4gb DDR2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500GT 1gb
  • Operating System
    win7/vista
    CPU
    intel i5-8400
    Motherboard
    gigabyte b365m ds3h
    Memory
    ballistix 2x8gb 3200
All's well that ends well. He had to buy a new computer! Actually that's not bad. He's cheap and the old one was a hand-me-down from me because he didn't want to spend the money. Now I'm getting the old one back and putting a new drive in it with...XP!

My Computer

Back