Adobe Photoshop CS3....Vista 64-bit

I am having similar problems because of 7.0 It is not compatible with vista 64 bit. Infact I purchased the upgrade CS4 and found out that you can't purchase any of the upgrades for photoshop 7.0 so unless you have something other than 7.0 were out of luck. I can't tell you how mad I am over this because numerous programs I have now will NOT work and I can't afford to purchase new ones. It would cost more than my new system. What do I do?

My Computer

hey. a lot of vistas have been doing the same thing recently. it turns out that photoshop cs3 is not compatible with certain dell AIO drivers... in other words, did you install a printer or another device to your computer? If so just delete the AIO driver for that device and photoshop should stop freezing when building the twain menus.

My Computer

I've been having this very same problem and absolutely NOTHING I've been doing (I've been following what's been said on here as well as this post: http://www.vistax64.com/software/149941-photoshop-cs3-has-stopped-working.html ) has been working. I've pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to hand over extra cash for CS4. The trial version of CS4 that I have works fine, but CS3 refuses. Which I find interesting considering I've been using CS3 for quite some time before this happened. Pretty sad.

If you manage to find anything that helps, please let me know! I would definitely be grateful!

My Computer

New solution!!

Hey All. I previously posted to uninstall AIO drivers. However I have recently discovered an easier solution. Simply go to the adobe photoshop cs3 folder in program files. Search for the file twain_32 You should find an .8Ba file. simply rename it to ~twain_32.8Ba This will fix the AIO problem automatically without having to uninstall anything. You still will not be able to access your wireless printer with this solution. In the meantime I will keep trying to find a better solution.

Thanks,

The Techgeek

My Computer

I just want to say that i have had this problem for ages and YOUR SOLUTION totally worked for me thanks a billion TECHGEEK1287. I was pulling my hair out and about to top myself. luckily your solution saved me from throwing my dell laptop off a cliff.

However what does this mean by disabling 'twain' - is it a vital component i wont be able to utilise anymore? what is twain anyway?

Thanks for all your help

My Computer

I just want to say that i have had this problem for ages and YOUR SOLUTION totally worked for me thanks a billion TECHGEEK1287. I was pulling my hair out and about to top myself. luckily your solution saved me from throwing my dell laptop off a cliff.

However what does this mean by disabling 'twain' - is it a vital component i wont be able to utilise anymore? what is twain anyway?

Thanks for all your help

You're Welcome.

A "TWAIN" is a standard protocol that allows the program it is 'attached to' to connect to a wireless printer/ digital camera or something like that. Sometimes, however the TWAIN glitches out due to an unability to connect the program to the external device. By disabling this connection the glitch can no longer happen, thus it runs smoothly. So to answer your question; no it is not vital. You will still be able to use all the cool brushes and effects in photoshop... You just won't be able to print them to that specific device. I hope this information has helped you.

Thanks,

The Techgeek

My Computer

Back