After IE9 upgrade windows mail missing items

Wow...... Really nice way of showing your appreciation to free help, especially when you aren't even reading your own error messages.

I should just tell you to go **** yourself, but i think i'll try 1 more time.

Your 1st screen shot has NO attachments. The pictures are only linked to the msg and are doswnloaded from their, the senders, server. Mail and all email programs block theses UNLESS you have the sender in your okay list.
You can clearly see this by looking at your 2nd screen, where when you sent the test email that has actual attachments. The paperclip showed up next to your email in the list area.

Now to see the images, go to view and click blocked images.

FTR You need a pop3 email to use mail.. which i don't have

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Dual L5639 // i7 950 @ 4.0Ghz
    Motherboard
    Evga SR-2 // Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Memory
    12Gig Corsair XMS3 // 6Gig OCZ Gold
    Graphics Card(s)
    gtx 560 ti // gtx 260-216
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual 22" // Headless
    Hard Drives
    OCZ aGILITY 3, 120Gig + Seagate 500Gig x 2
    PSU
    Silverstone da700 // Corsair 520hx
    Case
    Rosewill BlackHawk Ultra // Antec 900v1
    Cooling
    Twin CM Hyper 212+ // Noctua NH-u12
    Other Info
    Acer 8930 laptop with x9100...
Hello Enes,

To short out the issue, I would suggest you to try the following steps:
It is not recommended to enable access to block attachments; we are just trying to narrow down the issue.

1. Open Windows Mail by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Mail.
2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Options.
3. Click the Security tab, clear the “Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus” check box, and then click OK.

See the link for more information:
Why-cant-I-view-an-attachment-in-Windows-Mail

If this will not work then:

try to troubleshoot this problen by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista . This link help you how to troubleshoot by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista

Post your result here so we can get into the rootcause.

Thanks.

On this post http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-ma...windows-mail-missing-items-2.html#post1326603 you can view how it look like before installing IE9 (inserted part), and picture behind shows simmilar mesage after install IE9. Settings are OK, and this problems occurs only if you install IE9. So, fresh Vista don't have this problem, and if you install IE9 this will appear.

Wow...... Really nice way of showing your appreciation to free help, especially when you aren't even reading your own error messages.

I should just tell you to go **** yourself, but i think i'll try 1 more time.

Your 1st screen shot has NO attachments. The pictures are only linked to the msg and are doswnloaded from their, the senders, server. Mail and all email programs block theses UNLESS you have the sender in your okay list.
You can clearly see this by looking at your 2nd screen, where when you sent the test email that has actual attachments. The paperclip showed up next to your email in the list area.

Now to see the images, go to view and click blocked images.

FTR You need a pop3 email to use mail.. which i don't have

Hmmm, sorry!!!! We do not understand each others :( I really appreciate your efforts to help. Maybe we not understand each others because my english is not good.
Does message have or not have attachment is irrelevant at this point. I use this mail client for a long time, and I know to use it :) I'm not novice user, so everything about setting are OK. If I double click on message, on new window attachments are showed and from there I can open it or download it. But, paperclip isn't where it was and where it should be.

Hmmm, my bad english.... Who knows did you understand what I want to say :) Maybe it's better not to write that much... I think I confusing you more and more when I try to explain... :o

Anyway, if you can only try it yourself, and everything will be clear :) GMail offers free POP3 access, and if you interested to try, you can open there account. And, if you still not install IE9, first you see what should looks like, and then install IE9 and see the difference. Obviously, Microsoft need to fix this problem caused by IE9....

Again, I want to apologize to you!!!!! I appreciate your trying, and I hope so that you'll forgive me for any bad word...

Cheers!

My Computer

Okay, first, thanks for the gmail pop3... i already have a gmail account.

So if I think i understand you, you want to view the images in the bottom part without having to double click and then click again to view?

That can be done easily, but its alittle unsafe.... Try going to Tools--> Security. Click the Download images...

This will download images in the email automatically...

Or... I just found it......

Click the View on the toolbar and then blocked images. or using shortcut keys "Alt V" than I
This is the best way to ddo it as it is only the messages you want.... and should be what the old paperclip did.

I do not think this is a ie9 change, but a snuck in update by MS for mail.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual 22" // Headless
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Other Info
If you still not install IE9, please check! :) You'll see a difference ;) Just send some email with attachment, and HTML mail with external picture, and you'll see a difference.

I know to use Windows Mail, but I want to report this bug... Just I hope so that Microsoft not do this in purpose, because want to migrate all users to Windows Live Mail. I still want to use Windows Mail.... :)

My Computer

Just upgrade yourself to the next version....Windows Live Mail....LOL

Let me see your problem again.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP dv2519tu pavillion Laptop
    CPU
    1.50 GHz
    Motherboard
    Winstron
    Memory
    2.5 gig RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel onboard
    Sound Card
    Conexant HD Smart Audio HD2
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP Brightview Display
    Screen Resolution
    1280X800
    Hard Drives
    SATA - 160 + 500 GB
    PSU
    HP
    Case
    HP Laptop
    Cooling
    Air
    Keyboard
    HP Laptop
    Mouse
    HP
    Internet Speed
    4 MB/SEC-Download, 2 MB/SEC-Upload
If you still not install IE9, please check! :) You'll see a difference ;) Just send some email with attachment, and HTML mail with external picture, and you'll see a difference.

I know to use Windows Mail, but I want to report this bug... Just I hope so that Microsoft not do this in purpose, because want to migrate all users to Windows Live Mail. I still want to use Windows Mail.... :)

I've been on 9 for months.... I have both already in my gmail account..
People that are safe, the pics/attachments show up, unknown and mailing lists don't.

They got rid of the paper clip, its not a bug, its how they want it.

You might want to give thunderbird a try, as youre not getting your paperclip back.. Or uninstall Mail updates till it goes back.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual 22" // Headless
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Other Info
After playing around with windows mail I found that if I double click on the e-mail that has the pics in it it will open another window which has the some pictures have been block bar on top of the e-mail, then just click on it to view pictures. Same thing goes with attachments double click on the e-mail with the attachment, it will open up a new one and you wil see the attachement in the header, open that up and you can view it. If it is a pdf you done't have to save it to your desktop and leave mail to view it, better than it was before. It's not that difficult to do and you don't have to switch to windows mail live.

YES! I just tried this and it worked!
I would like to fix this permanantly. Has someone found a solution?
Help!
=CapnDavy=

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavillion DV9608NR
    Memory
    4GB
Okay, first, thanks for the gmail pop3... i already have a gmail account.

So if I think i understand you, you want to view the images in the bottom part without having to double click and then click again to view?

That can be done easily, but its alittle unsafe.... Try going to Tools--> Security. Click the Download images...

This will download images in the email automatically...

I do not think this is a ie9 change, but a snuck in update by MS for mail.

Yes this has worked for me. I went to TOOLS/SECURITY and found a checked option called "block images". I simply unchecked the box and all my images appeared.

Thank you sir and thank God for this FORUM!

=capndavy=

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavillion DV9608NR
    Memory
    4GB
That isnt a great thing though..... It opens up your computer to possible attack, and provides a untrusted server with your ip.

I'd use the option in the view menu, where you can view just the mail you want. Like the paperclip, but with keys...

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual 22" // Headless
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Other Info
Only, we talk about WINDOWS MAIL (no LIVE) :) Here we have a problem with displaying some stuff like attachment icon where it should be (and where it's been before upgrade to IE9)...

I agree we are talking about WINDOWS MAIL ( NO windows LIVE mail) I too am having problems with the "attachment" not showing the "paperclip" in the actual e-mail. It was there before I updated to IE9 and now it is not there..... I too could double click on the original e-mail but I am more knowledgeable about computers than some of my elderly friends are. So what happen when we updated to IE9.. Why does a browser have anything to do with saving and viewing my mail on hard drive and not on the WEB?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    built model
Probably because MS mail is built off a web page.... You can use the view menu in the top menu bar.

If you hate mail now, use Thunderbird by mozzilla.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual 22" // Headless
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Other Info
Only, we talk about WINDOWS MAIL (no LIVE) :) Here we have a problem with displaying some stuff like attachment icon where it should be (and where it's been before upgrade to IE9)...

I agree we are talking about WINDOWS MAIL ( NO windows LIVE mail) I too am having problems with the "attachment" not showing the "paperclip" in the actual e-mail. It was there before I updated to IE9 and now it is not there..... I too could double click on the original e-mail but I am more knowledgeable about computers than some of my elderly friends are. So what happen when we updated to IE9.. Why does a browser have anything to do with saving and viewing my mail on hard drive and not on the WEB?

Who knows. It obviously that Windows Mail use some system DLL's and some of them are updated. Windows Mail still working OK, but this display problem are appeared. :( I still wait MS to fix this problem...

My Computer

enes73 - I just want to say that I have had exactly the same problem. Initially I uninstalled IE9, and Windows Mail reverted to the old layout. When I installed IE9 again, it happened again - but I also lost my restore point so couldn't go back! Infuriating.

I also want to say that I fully understood your explanation, your English is very good, and that I do think that you, Patonb, weren't understanding him properly, probably because you haven't experienced the same problem and it didn't make sense to you.

I'm glad to hear about the double-click to bring back the old format, but it is very annoying. That information bar for the display of pictures was very useful.

I agree with enes73 that MS needs to do something about this!

My Computer

Thanks alisonorr,

I also noticed that I can open attachment if I "open mail" with double-click on it. But that is annoying for me too. Obviously this is a bug, and I expect from MS that fix this...

Greetings...

My Computer

I downloaded the IE9 upgrade because it was in the list for important upgrades to my computer. One thing I have noticed is that in Windows Mail after the IE 9 upgrade I have lost the bar on top of the of the e-mail that allowed me to view the pictures that I have blocked in options/security. I had to uncheck it to see any pictures in my e-mails. I also noticed that the paperclip for e-mails with attachments is missing, so any e-mails that I have with an attachment, ex. word doc, can not be viewed at all. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Same problem here.... Maybe someone had a solution?

Thanks in advance....
The solution is to revert back to IE8 and use FF as your primary browser. Patonb is trying, but obviously does not understand the problem. Here is a link to the instructions to revert back to IE8 using a command prompt. Worked great for me and my bar and paperclip are back (also fixed the font issue). problem uninstalling IE9 - Microsoft Answers

Here's MS's directions for uninstalling, but the command prompt worked fine for me How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?

My Computer

I have to disagree, down grading isn't the sdolution.... It opens you up to issues.

Your best solution is to upgrade to ie9, then use something like Thunderbird to do your email.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual 22" // Headless
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Other Info
Hello,

I am looking for the same solution.
I have read most of two threads and the problem is not defined clearly-as I read it.

After installing IE9 the yellow line (area at the top) that includes "Click here to download pictures" is no longer automatically displayed in the PREVIEW window. If I click on and open the email the yellow line is there and if I click it the pictures appear in the emal and the preview windows. Also, if I giggle the size of the preview window width of height, the yellow area appears. What is up with this flaw and how do I fix it without opening every email?

Thank You!
John

enes73 - I just want to say that I have had exactly the same problem. Initially I uninstalled IE9, and Windows Mail reverted to the old layout. When I installed IE9 again, it happened again - but I also lost my restore point so couldn't go back! Infuriating.

I also want to say that I fully understood your explanation, your English is very good, and that I do think that you, Patonb, weren't understanding him properly, probably because you haven't experienced the same problem and it didn't make sense to you.

I'm glad to hear about the double-click to bring back the old format, but it is very annoying. That information bar for the display of pictures was very useful.

I agree with enes73 that MS needs to do something about this!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    jdh
    CPU
    AMD
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Integrated ATI