Backups

Jon UK

Have Vista Home Premium. Vista Backups working but do not include application files that are proprietry and binary format. Do I need to upgrade to Complete PC Backup to ensure these filese are backed up. Does Complete PC Backup recognise these files ?

Thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Dimension 9200
    CPU
    Intel 2.13 GHz
    Memory
    4 Gb
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 * 24" dell and 1 * 20" Dell
    Hard Drives
    1 * 300gb internal partitioned
    1 * 1 terrabyte external
Hello Jon,

To backup the applications along with the data and personal files you need the software like the Windows Complete PC Backup. This app comes with the Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate. The Vista Premium allows to backup the personal files only.

To be able to backup the whole operating system along with the personal data you will have to upgrade the Vista Premium, or get the third party backup software like Paragon Hard Disk Manager, Acronis True Image Home. There are many similar softwares that make the image of the whole hard drive or just the partition. Such applications comes with bootable rescue CD disc and they allow you to make the differential or incremental disk images and backups in addition to the full backup that was made earlier.

Hope it helps. Cheers...

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway P7805u FX
    CPU
    Intel Core2Duo T9600 2.80GHz 1066MHz FSB
    Motherboard
    Intel PM45
    Memory
    8GB 1066MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)