Battery goes dead - system does not boot up to where it was before

Here's the message I got after the last scan ... "Resource protection did not find any integrity violations" ... sooooooooooooooo, let's see what happens on the next few times the battery goes dead ... (I'll probably need booster cables to get this thing going again) last time everything came back to where I left it off; all the applications were restored. I would like to see what happens the next 10 times to see if it is consistent. The saga continues - stay tuned to a computer near you for the exciting conclusion!!!

My Computer

Here's the exciting news - it works one or two times, even three. But it isn't consistent. It worked two times and this last time it did not work. As stated earlier, the system will automatically shut down (sleep) two or three times, but after that, it doesn't.
Something in the system seems to switch off (or switch on) after a certain amount of times a specific task is performed. The mystery remains then as to why.

My Computer

One last thing that I know to try is go to control panel, power options and make sure that you are set to high performance.

I know that I have never tested hibernate to the extent that you are, and I do not know if other member have either. A possible answer is that the system is not fool proof and hibernate is there in an attempt to save your work in the case of a power or battery failure.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
System has been set to *high performance* since I've had this unit. The strange thing is, that each of the two tasks mentioned, stop after working correctly 2-3 or no more than four times. In my judgment, something in this laptop is turning off or turning on something that shouldn't.
But I'll leave that to you experts - thanks for the replies and I'm thinking you or someone else that is half interested is going to come up with a fix.

My Computer

Real long shot
Microsoft Fix it Center Online

When it happens for the next 3 times, mark the time. Then go to event viewer (via search) and look for common errors.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I think that is a real loooooong shot indeed. By the time one found any help in that section, one would be long gone from this scene to care. This is a problem that obviously no one has a fix for. Note Richc46, that you are the only one who has come in on this thread. I've mentioned this on other forums and can't get a response whatsoever. That means, it's got the best out there stumped and there's no fix. And it's not that I can't live with this.
I do appreciate your coming in on this though. It's been much appreciated. Thanks!!!

My Computer

I know that you are disappointed, well, I am too. Sorry that the answer is so elusive. Continue to monitor this thread, I and other members will post as ideas come to us. I will not be availble to post for 3 weeks, so do not give up, if there are no posts during that time frame.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I shall indeed watch this. If something comes up while you're gone, I'll post it here so when you get back, you'll see it. Thanks again my good friend!!!

My Computer

Back