BSOD help?

doesn't change at all, i boot up the recovery CD, it goes until a screen that has (c) microsoft below a bar with a green slider moving across it then goes back to the c1f5 screen

My Computer

Im afraid that I am running out of ideas. For whatever reasons, DVDs dont work, you cant boot, not much left to do.
As a last desperate measure, lets try to go back to factory settings. You will lose everything, your stuff, settings, favorites, updates SPs, everything.
Try this and cross fingers
Dell Laptops - Restore factory settings
If this does not work, and you can boot from a DVD, you should call Dell and get a Vista install DVD for about $25.00 (cost)
or buy the upgrade version of Seven for about $125.00, if you computer can handle Seven

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
im probably just going to have to get a windows 7 upgrade disk or a installation because I'm not able to boot the f8 startup menu thanks for the help, much appreciated

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I wont be able to use it because it requires me to run it from the computer i'm formatting to windows 7 and that computer cant do anything except load the bios screen then the blue screen and restart

My Computer

Back