Solved BSOD - Sudden and troublesome issue![Please Help]

I am just requesting when you download the ISO, let us know exactly how it was done, to help me help others. I do not have first hand experience at the download.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Yes, if you are successful, just post here. Tell us exactly how you made the download. I am having a problem explaining to another member, maybe because I have never done it myself.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Ok, just running the .exe won't work, you have to download all 3 files then run the .exe the install.wim file is 2.6gigs! lol so I will update ya in 25 minutes when its done xP

Thanks for the help.

My Computer

Ok thats what I told the other member and he said that it did not work. Are you up and running?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Okie dokie smokie I'm back :D the genuine version is installed and all is good. Exept! :P lol knew that was coming.

A few issues, I didn't get my product key to activate this version of windows, and my monitor is displaying really large as if I were in safe mode, but I may be able to change that in control panel I guess.

Here's what I did.

1. Download the 3 files. (.exe, install.wim, and boot.wim???)
  2. Then I ran the x.exe file (after if the installation didn't work I went and downloaded the program called WinToFlash, by Novicorp. This program allowed me to make a bootable usb)
  3. After making the bootable usb(I can give you even greater detail for this if needed) I rebooted the computer and booted from the usb to start the windows installation.
  4. The tricky part is when your computer reboots during the installation you need to make sure your usb stick isn't insterted when it reboots because if you're like me you've changed your boot order to usb and it just restarts the installation process over :/
Then here I am! Thank you Rich. Although I think I may have some more issues but I guess I'd take that to another forum seeing as it's not still a BSOD.

Please let me know if I was unclear. If the other user wants to isntall windows from a different form of media the process will be a little different.

UPDATE:

I've gotten everything to work pretty much. I just changed the screen resolution to fix the size of my monitor, and for the activation here is what I did.

I went to start menu > control panel > system and maintenance > system:

at the very bottom of this window there was my activation information, I chose the option to activate it over the phone with a toll free number which I called. Then I gave the toll free windows activation hotline my activation ID(a very, very long number) then it gave me my activation combination which I typed in and There you Have it! :D

My Computer

And I thank you, I can now assure the other member that I am helping that if he persisits his OS will be installed as he is doing it correctly. I am truly glad that after the time that we invested in getting your system to work, we can say that we were successful. Goodl luck to you.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
No! Thank You! lol now I can stop sweating about that BSOD, and my virus problems are gone. If you have any questions or need me to tell you exactly what I did at any step you can just message me here, or email me. Thanks for helping me out again!

My Computer

You are very welcome.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card