Building New System, Q6600, or Q6700...

Re: Building New System, Q6600, or Q7600...

I think you got scammed.......... LOL just kidding. Heck yeah, you got a sweet deal. I see you did what I would have done. He agreed on the phone for 190 and you haggled him down to 160 and got a nice CPU cooler thrown in to sweeten the pot. He didn't steal it, but basically by winning it it's the same concept, just about 100% profit on selling it.

What are Prime95 and CPU stability check 6.0? Are they downloadable programs? I need to use something like that to see if I've hosed anything up.

I saw your case painting pics on that other thread. That's a great idea, wish I had thought of it............ naw, on second thought no i don't. i just looked down at my computer and where I have it I can't see the clear side anyways lol. Looks like you are off and running. When is the official launch date? Will there be a party with free munchies and beer along with dancing girls? If so i expect an invite lol.

EDIT: I feel hostile, think I'll crank up COD4 and go kill something lol. I forget, are you a gamer?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9450
    Motherboard
    nForce 790i Ultra SLI(evga)
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    2 e-GeForce 9800GX2(SLI mode)
    Hard Drives
    WD1500AHFD
    (Raptor 150 GB 10,000 RPM)
haha no not a scam. if so I'm getting that bastard Fired from his lovely job at Intel.. I'll call up them bitches.. haha

ya i guess it's a pretty popular cooler, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it, or sell it and get something different. still tryin to decide..

Ya download Prime95. freeware.. and it basically is a STRESS test for your CPU, it will run it at 100% becuase our daily tasks can't.. and MAX the **** out of it and see how it handles it.. and i think prime does this also. it's a test that runs for like 2 hours and see's how long your system will last.. people overclock there system. and use it.. if can't last all 2 hours.. they lower the clock til the test lasts all 2 hours.. then they know there OC is stable and they can use it 24/7 make sense??

and ya PAinting the inside of the case makes it really badass.. I've actually just finished the first coat of midnight black.. look it up.. or here, look at these pics. like one of the top 5 links has a painted case inside.. and it's the same case I got.

The "Official" Cooler Master 690 Club - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

painting the inside just makes it look that much better.. I hate the look of the ugly metal Grey color.. so a nice black will make it sexy, plus with the blue led,s it reflects better showing more color. it looks really nice, check that link.

and as for the launch date, tomorro morning I'll do a second coat on my case.. and maybe a light touch up third tomorro night after work.. let it dry all night and all the next day.. then friday after work is the official OH **** period where I'll be doing this little build of mine. I got my Mobo in less than 22 hours from newegg. very happy.. tomorr when I get home from work my PSU will be here..

p.s. my brother is doing a build with me, he got the Antec 900 I'll send you a picture with it black inside in case you wanna do it.. ok

So friday is the launch.. after work I'll start building. Goes something like this.

New Purchases---
Q6700 with GO stepping
Thermaltake Blue Orb 2 CPU Cooler, Might get something else
eVGA 750i Mobo FTW, SLI ready. GREAT BOARD, not as good as yours.
tomorro in mail getting, Corsair 520HX PSU.. one of the Best out!
Case, Cooler Master 690 modded, more mods coming
3 Antec Blue LED TRICool 120mm Fans with 3 speed controls

I'm planning on buying the next items new and different ones also. but for now just to get up and going. I'll be pulling a few items from my current machine.
Already have, using while i get the rest---

8600GT @ 620 Core, with Zalman VF700 Cooler
250 GB Hard Drive from current Machine
Pioneer 16x DVD-RW, CDRW Burner drive
2 GB PNY RAM, will be changing to some extreme performance 2x2GB sticks of Mushkin, or G-skill.. maybe some Crucial Ballistix, so 4GB

Not sure what I'm missing from this list. I have a 22inch Widescreen Samsung LCD screen.. I love!

and I'm getting the Logitech G11 keyboard, and the MX 518 mouse.. all for $35 brand new sometime this weekend whenever I drive to the dude's Store that's selling them, used ONCE for a lan competition. so I'm getting 2 set's, one for me, one for my brother. that keyboard is 50 and that mouse is at least 30.. I'm getting 2 of each for a total of $70 haha guy has 20 pairs of each.. need a good set.. he'll ship some 2 you.. check them out..

and yes I'm for sure a gamer.. recently not cuz been donig some intensive learning and information Overload on this build.

I LOVE CS 1.6, and I've recently been playing Crysis. I only have the demo of COD4. need the actual game soon. and thats all for now, but with this new machine, comes new games I can and will play.. this is long enough for now tho.. so I'll end it here..

p.s. Here's my case with the first Coat of paint.. will look complete after second coat tomorro.. Looks Good! Click, the picturte gets bigger!

[URL="http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3803/img2943fg6.jpg"][/URL]

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q9650 E0 4.0 GHz @1.304v
    Motherboard
    eVGA 750i FTW
    Memory
    2x2GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA/MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T240 & 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 & 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Seagate Cuda 500GB 32mb Cache SATA 7200.(11) + 500GB Seagate Cuda External eSATA, USB, FW400
    PSU
    PC P&C 750w Silencer PSU
    Case
    CoolerMaster HAF 932 (Water-Cooled)
    Cooling
    Plenty of Fans, and a few 230mm Fans
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech MX-518
    Other Info
    ASUS 20x Optical, Bose Companion 3, ATH-AD500 Cans :), Patriot Xporter 16GB Flash Drive (Very Fast), & Sandisk Micro 8GB.

Nikon D40 DSLR with 18-105mm VR & 55-200mm VR
Guys can we cut down on the foul language, there are kids viewing ;)

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 11 Workstation
    Manufacturer/Model
    doofenshmirtz evil incorporated
    CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
    Motherboard
    Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    Memory
    Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 64GB (4x16GB) 3600MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB ROG Strix LC OC
    Sound Card
    Creative
    Monitor(s) Displays
    3 x27" Dell U2724D & 1 x 34" Dell U3415W
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-e 4.0 x4 NVMe Solid State
    Drive
    PSU
    1500W ThermalTake Toughpower
    Case
    ThermalTake Level 10 GT
    Cooling
    Enermax Liqtech 240
    Keyboard
    Surface Ergonomic.
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance MX
    Internet Speed
    350 Mb/s
    Other Info
    WinTV NovaTD
    HP CP1515n Color Laser
    Sony BD-5300S-0B Blu-ray Writer
    Microsoft LifeCam Cinema
    APC 750i Smart UPS
  • Operating System
    windows 10
    Manufacturer/Model
    Surface Pro 3
    CPU
    1.9GHz Intel Core i5-4300U (dual-core, 3MB cache, up to 2.9GHz with Turbo Boost)
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Monitor(s) Displays
    12" Multi Touch
    Screen Resolution
    2160 x 144
    Hard Drives
    128GB
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Keyboard
    yes
    Internet Speed
    350 Mb/s
Yeah, you do not want to warp my twisted little mind do you? :eek: LOL

Shawn

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
Oops, my bad..

ya I'll make sure I keep your ears UN Tainted!

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q9650 E0 4.0 GHz @1.304v
    Motherboard
    eVGA 750i FTW
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA/MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T240 & 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 & 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Seagate Cuda 500GB 32mb Cache SATA 7200.(11) + 500GB Seagate Cuda External eSATA, USB, FW400
    PSU
    PC P&C 750w Silencer PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech MX-518
    Other Info
    ASUS 20x Optical, Bose Companion 3, ATH-AD500 Cans :), Patriot Xporter 16GB Flash Drive (Very Fast), & Sandisk Micro 8GB.

I Need Help with OS install on new Build....

OK, so tomorro I'm going to put my new build together becuase I have all the parts I need at the moment to at least get going.. then get the other Toys later..

So, Can anyone Shed some light on how this entire Process is going to GO down..

I have a Q6700 GO, with eVGA 750i, Corsair 520HX PSU, 2GB RAM, waiting for the 2x2GB sticks to come, have a 250GB HD, a Pioneer optical Drive, and my current 8600GT I'm going to use til I get something better.. and I just got myself Vista Ultimate 64.

So, I'm new to this NEW build thing.. where I do it all on my own from ground up.. I kno how to get everything together and build it.. so my questions to the Forum are what should I do..

So I have a 250GB HD that I use in my current Machine.. I'm going to pull that out.. Back up everything on my External drive.

Put my 250GB drive in my New Build that I will have just finished Tomorro.. Then from there how does it all work, and how do i do everything. What problems Might I face...

from there I Boot up the system, and put the OS disk in correct?? do I do this regular.. or do I do it in safe mode? and from there the OS disk should take over and get everything going right, and then when it's finished I can go to all the websites for everything and get all the latest drivers for all my stuff.. Correct.

If someone would please let me kno how this all should go, what problems I MIGHT run into.. and any tips I need.. Please feel free to Share any and all your info with me.. I'm open to Suggestions and input. Thanks in Advanced..

/Cory

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q9650 E0 4.0 GHz @1.304v
    Motherboard
    eVGA 750i FTW
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA/MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T240 & 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 & 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    PC P&C 750w Silencer PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech MX-518
    Other Info

Looks pretty much how I did it though I have a couple suggestions.

First off, this IS a new install not an upgrage disc right?

Pop your disc in the CD. When you power up it will go to BIOS so hit the delete key (I'm assuming it's the same BIOS for the 750 as the 790) to be able to check your options. Make sure that you check the "boot from CD" (or DVD, I forget what it says). I have mine in the first slot since I don't have a floppy, but it's more standard to put in the second slot (if you have a floppy IE A: drive) and then boot from the Hard drive third. The BIOS category you need to open to do this is the very top one in the left hand column. The use your arrow keys to maneuver in BIOS, the enter key to select the high lighted choice and esc to go back to the previous screen. Once you are sure you have the CD bootable hit F10 (this saves changes and exits. It will now reboot, I guess, even though the power doesn't go off. The next step you may want to have Brink or someone else smarter than me to comment on but i THINK it works and will save you time:

While your current computer is operational go here

http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/default.asp?switch=2

Download the file to flash your BIOS and make the bootable disc. I did a CD since I don't have a floppy but do whichever you want. LOL copy the instructions on what to do as well.

This is the disc I would have in my computer once when I powered up. Run it, doing what the instructions you copied down said, and flash your BIOS. No matter what else happens you shouldn't have to do this again lol unless maybe you take the battery out of the MoBo. ( I bolded that so Brink would see it easier lol.) After you finish that, (before you reboot so you will have power) remove the disc and pop the Vista disc in. Reboot.

On a CLEAN install, the process is very straight forward, you have very few options.

When your computer reboots it will make it's way to your DVD and start the windows installation disc. Follow the instruction lol until it says DONE. After me third or fourth install lol I quit doing a password just to speed the process up. Also since you are transfering your current data to an external drive, I would go ahead and use the format disc option to get clean all the junk off the C drive. Of course if you are doing the partition thing (which I kbnow nothing about lol) then don't do that.

After it all installs, install your SP1 (if it wasn't on the disc) and then the rest of the windows updates before you get the drivers for your other stuff.

One thing you could also do it download the drivers on a flash drive and then you would ghave them all there when you got ready instead of going to the sites and downloading them. Wish I had thought of that when I was doing mine lol.

Have fun. Don't forget to update the audio driver. Brink has a thread on that as well.

Since you are backing up your hard drvie,

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9450
    Motherboard
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    WD1500AHFD
well.. I'm actually not backing it up anymore.. I figured I'd be safe and stick to a clean install.. plus i need this HD for my current system.. so tommorro I will be recieving in the mail my new HD.. I ordered the Seagate Baraccuda 500GB 7200.11 the .11 is the newest model.. with the 32mb Cache, and the new second gen threading.. so it's pretty much the best HD you can get thats 500GB.. it will be here tomorro.. I'm going to use it and do a fresh install with that.. and use it.. then after everything is stable I'll get my old HD and move everything over..

So ur saying BEFORE i install the OS, I should update the mobo and flash the bios.. is that what ur sayin???

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q9650 E0 4.0 GHz @1.304v
    Motherboard
    eVGA 750i FTW
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA/MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T240 & 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 & 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    PC P&C 750w Silencer PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech MX-518
    Other Info

Yup.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9450
    Motherboard
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    WD1500AHFD
Only need to flash the bios if something is not working.. Only fix what is broken.. so I'm not going to do a flash unless needed.. I'm only going to update the drivers...

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q9650 E0 4.0 GHz @1.304v
    Motherboard
    eVGA 750i FTW
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA/MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T240 & 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 & 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    PC P&C 750w Silencer PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech MX-518
    Other Info

I kno this is probably not the best place to ask this.. cuz it's a Vista 64 website thats all about Vista..

But my question is I need vista 64.. on 2 machines. I just did a build. and I want it for my other system also.. I really DON'T wanna pay for Vista twice... so can I buy vista once.. and use it on 2 machines.. or how does that work??? would it not let me. I'm just curious.. if I have to I'll buy 2

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q9650 E0 4.0 GHz @1.304v
    Motherboard
    eVGA 750i FTW
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA/MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T240 & 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 & 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    PC P&C 750w Silencer PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech MX-518
    Other Info

Why have one when you can have both,i built my own system because it's personal preferance i have 4 O/Ses Xp Home 32bit,Vista Home Premium 32bit,Xp Pro 64bit,Vista Ultimate 64bit,all oem's all on one samsung 1Tb HDD with 4 partitions.There should be no problems with 64bit drivers you should get these from h/ware manunufacturers e.g disk you get with M/board should have both options.the only thing with 64bit is software in general games and such but 64bit systems add a x86 folder to your drive 64bit systems can run 32bit apps 32bit systems cannot run 64bit apps e.g Half Life the game is being rewritten for 64bit.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel QX6700 Extreme
    Motherboard
    Asus P5N32-E SLi
    Memory
    4Gb OCZ Reaper HPC 6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    2x 8800GTS 512
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 1Tb
    Samsung 500Gb
Building my first system too. I just signed up to this site yesterday, my parts are on their way, so I am edumacating myself and sacrificing farm animals in hopes of a smooth build.

The first 3 of 4 posts I read involved trouble with the Q6600, so you may want to research that a bit. Good luck.

Wolfdale E8400 3.0 1333FSB 6MB L2
EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW 45nm RAID
OCZ SLI Dual channel 800Mhz (4gb)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500gb 32mb cache
LG E-IDE 20x DVD 20x burner
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Sound Card
Ultra LSP750 Power supply SLI SATA
EVGA GeForce 9800GTX video card
Apevia MX-alien BK/500 ATX full tower

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Wolfdale 3.0/6mb/1333/45nm
    Motherboard
    EVGA nVidia 750i FTW/SLI/RAID
    Memory
    4x2gb OCZ dual channel SLI/800mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    OC'd PNY 9800GTX (x2)
    Sound Card
    Creative Soundblaster X-fi Extreme Gamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway HD 2200 widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x1050
    Hard Drives
    Seagate Barracuda 500GB/7200.11/32MB cache (x2)
    PSU
    Ultra X3 modular 1000w
    Case
    Apevia MX-500 alien
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless Comfort 4000 deskset
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Comfort 4000 deskset
    Internet Speed
    DSL
i don't want 32bit. it doesn't recognize all 4 GB of ram... or should I have both just in case.. and well Brian.. I also don't wanna pay for both.. or either... you have a Vista 64bit serial I can use??? lol

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q9650 E0 4.0 GHz @1.304v
    Motherboard
    eVGA 750i FTW
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA/MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T240 & 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 & 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    PC P&C 750w Silencer PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech MX-518
    Other Info

Hi
If you are using Vista 32bit then once you install sp1 vista will recognise all 4Gb of ram.And i only have one serial code for each of my O/Ses

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel QX6700 Extreme
    Motherboard
    Asus P5N32-E SLi
    Memory
    4Gb OCZ Reaper HPC 6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    2x 8800GTS 512
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 1Tb
    Samsung 500Gb
Only need to flash the bios if something is not working.. Only fix what is broken.. so I'm not going to do a flash unless needed.. I'm only going to update the drivers...

OK. I thpought flashing the BIOS WAS updating it. It served to update mine to a different version according to the before and after messages in the BIOS boot up (yeah I wrote those down lol).

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9450
    Motherboard
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    WD1500AHFD
oh i c... Wait, are you SURE that after sp1 is installed vista 32 shows all 4GB of ram.. are you sure???

Also doesn't Vista 64bit Perform a lil bit faster than 32.. thus better for gaming??

and to Bubba.. yes flashing is updating.. but I'm not going to flash it unless I need to.. flashing can be dangerous.. instead I'm going to update the Drivers.. Drivers you install on ur system.. and they work with the Mobo.. they aren't inside it like the BIOS is, so flashing the BIOS and updating the drivers are two different things.. I'm only updating the drivers.. BUT, if I need to flash, then i will. But I think I'll be good...

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q9650 E0 4.0 GHz @1.304v
    Motherboard
    eVGA 750i FTW
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA/MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T240 & 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 & 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    PC P&C 750w Silencer PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech MX-518
    Other Info

I just researched that.. and yes after installing SP1 in 32bit... it SHOWS that you have 4GB of RAM.. it shows what's installed.. not what it uses.. but whats installed.. so Vista 32bit still can only use the 3.25 or whatever.. still cannot use 4GB.. but you can see all 4 after SP1 update... does that make sense.. either way 32bit can't use 4 Gb... therefor I need 64bit

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q9650 E0 4.0 GHz @1.304v
    Motherboard
    eVGA 750i FTW
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA/MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T240 & 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 & 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    PC P&C 750w Silencer PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech MX-518
    Other Info

I just researched that.. and yes after installing SP1 in 32bit... it SHOWS that you have 4GB of RAM.. it shows what's installed.. not what it uses.. but whats installed.. so Vista 32bit still can only use the 3.25 or whatever.. still cannot use 4GB.. but you can see all 4 after SP1 update... does that make sense.. either way 32bit can't use 4 Gb... therefor I need 64bit

Yes you are correct i've checked my pc and 32bit vista still only utilises 2.75Gb on my pc although it shows 4Gb on the properties tab.I recently purchased xp pro and vista ultimate 64bit variants as i want to install 8Gb of ram the maximum my m/board will support again my personal preferance.As for games there isn't that much differance because most games are written for 32bit systems and thus they are installed in the x86 programs folder the majority of apps and games are 32bit>I believe the makers of Half Life the game are rewriting it for 64bit.In total my 4 oem o/ses cost me less than one retail version vista ultimate,and it has taken a while as i am doing it in stages.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel QX6700 Extreme
    Motherboard
    Asus P5N32-E SLi
    Memory
    4Gb OCZ Reaper HPC 6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    2x 8800GTS 512
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 1Tb
    Samsung 500Gb
oh i c.. ya a lot of games were meant for 32bit.. but most of them play on 64 correct... like will I have any problems trying to install my games on here.. I usually play Counter-strike, and some Crysis.. and recently some COD4.. they all work on 64 bit right...

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q9650 E0 4.0 GHz @1.304v
    Motherboard
    eVGA 750i FTW
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA/MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T240 & 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200 & 1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    PC P&C 750w Silencer PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech MX-518
    Other Info

Back