Solved Cannot get Outlook 2007 to open

When eventually you get to the bottom of this problem please let me know what happened - in case I miss what is happening in your new posting.
BTW - I see you are using Norton. Did your computer have a different Anti Virus program preinstalled when new?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    LAPTOP. HP Pavilion dv7-1005TX .
    CPU
    IntelCore [email protected] x2
    Memory
    4.00 GB installed, max capacity 8 GB.
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT & 512MB DDR2 dedicated graphics mem.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.0" diagonal WXGA + High definition brightview widescreen infinity display.
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    SPECS.
    Drive 1. 298.09 GB Fujitzu MHZ2320BH G2 ATA Device
    Drive 2. [ All as above.]

CONFIG. C:\287.65 GB, D:\298.09 GB, E:\10.44 GB.
    Case
    Laptop / notebook.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    IBM enhanced
    Mouse
    Synaptics PS/2 Port touch pad.
    Internet Speed
    ADSL [ Too slow.]
    Other Info
    Webcam.
Yes, Norton came pre installed on my computer. My computer has never had any kind of problem until now . There were several updates installed Aug 2 and after and my husbands computer has the same ones, but his computer is fine. Exact same system. My computer gets hot sometimes and maybe this has caused something to happen...but, if this were true, then it wouldn't start in safe mode. So, how does one go about filtering out the bad apple? Any help is appreciated? If I have HP reformatt my hard drive, then I will never know what the cause of the freeze is, and if it happens again, I will be stuck again. Plus, I really do not want the hassel of having to reinstall my stuff again.

My Computer

Yes, Norton came pre installed on my computer. My computer has never had any kind of problem until now . There were several updates installed Aug 2 and after and my husbands computer has the same ones, but his computer is fine. Exact same system. My computer gets hot sometimes and maybe this has caused something to happen...but, if this were true, then it wouldn't start in safe mode. So, how does one go about filtering out the bad apple? Any help is appreciated? If I have HP reformatt my hard drive, then I will never know what the cause of the freeze is, and if it happens again, I will be stuck again. Plus, I really do not want the hassel of having to reinstall my stuff again.

I can understand where you are coming from. It's something I would prefer not to have to do. But you may need to look at the time & frustration elements - which might be quicker - to battle on with what appears to be a few conflicts / problems or to reinstall?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    SPECS.

Case
    Laptop / notebook.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    IBM enhanced
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    ADSL [ Too slow.]
    Other Info
    Webcam.
Just an update. After backing up all, I sent my HP laptop in for repair as I had another year on my warranty (Thanks Costco). They said it would take 2 weeks, so I was overjoyed when I got it back in 7 days. I sent it in on a Fri and received it back the following Friday! They had to replace the heat sync fan, harddrive , and system board. They were all fried because the machine was overheating due to fan issues. So, mine was not a software problem..but a hardware problem. So, all is now well in Sallyland, and I happily putting all my stuff back on the computer. Now my only challenge is updates. I had been past SP2, and even though my computer has auto updated over 50 updates, I have yet to see SP! or SP2 yet and I am wondering if I should just download them from Microsoft. My husbands computer shows System running Vista 6.0.6002 Service pack Build 6002 (which is what my computer said before sending it in), and now that I have started over it says version 6.0.6000 sp build 6000. So, how do I catch up ? I thought my auto update would do all that...but it hasnt yet. Hum..new stumbling blocks. Always something...however my computer is running like a charm!
SallyMarie

My Computer

SallyMarie,
Thank you for giving us a good news update. I'm pleased that all is well in Sallyland too. ;)
As it's almost time for the monthly Windows Updates you may be offered SP1 then - or soon after.
BTW I like the new avatar.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    SPECS.

Case
    Laptop / notebook.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    IBM enhanced
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    ADSL [ Too slow.]
    Other Info
    Webcam.
Avatar is named GYPSY. Anyway, I had a Chat session with Microsoft Tech Support and I downloaded Sp1 & Sp2 and just installed SP1 and now will do SP2. So, I am all set.

My Computer

Well done.
Safe & happy surfing.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    SPECS.

Case
    Laptop / notebook.
    Cooling
    Stock.
    Keyboard
    IBM enhanced
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    ADSL [ Too slow.]
    Other Info
    Webcam.