Can't delete "The... folder does not exist. The file may have been moved or deleted."

Re: Can't delete "The... folder does not exist. The file may have been moved or delet

yes i've tried everything you mentioned. I've downloaded so much stuff just because of these files...

I'm not think so you have any virus neverless nothing to lose if check it also :Malwarebytes.org (here you have tool to dignose)
If tool find something wrong in registry you have turn off system restore for the moment and turn on again http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66971-system-restore.html
Use any external file manager for example Total Commander or if you don't have TC you can use also any free file manager for example FreeCommander - freeware file manager
And check any external file manager can see these strange files-phantoms or not

My Computer

Re: Can't delete "The... folder does not exist. The file may have been moved or delet

okay i managed to delete some files.
these are older files and then ones that i can't delete currently
I right clicked on one of the files, then properties, found the location of them
went to the location and dragged the files from the search window into the location
it created a folder which it used to belong inside.
i moved the file into this folder which has just been created.
and then i deleted the folder which contains this file.
problem solved. Gone for good when i refresh the search window.

HOWEVER, the more recent files which are supposedly located on the desktop
but not visible. These files i tried the same method but they seem to come back when i refresh the search window.

ANY IDEAS FROM HERE? hopefully this would of helped some people.

My Computer

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURNS OUT ITS AN INDEXING PROBLEM

click on start - type in index - click on indexing options - click on advance - then click rebuild.

thank you for your help

My Computer

Glad you got it fixed, it would drive me nutz too. Good job and good luck. :party:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Build
    CPU
    QX9650 (black box) [email protected]
    Motherboard
    Asus P5Q Premium
    Memory
    8GB-4x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR 2-1066
    Graphics Card(s)
    2 x ASUS EAH 4870 X 2 (Quad)
    Sound Card
    Supreme FX 2
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Fujitsu Siemens 22inch flat screen
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    150 Gig WD Raptor
    300 Gig Maxtor
    300 Gig Maxtor, (External)
    PSU
    CoolerMaster 1000
    Case
    CoolerMaster N-Vidia stacker 830
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-U12P x 1x120mm fan, 6x120mm case fans
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    20Mbps
    Other Info
    Audio FX Pro 5+1 gaming head set

hi there u can try 2 things...
1. try deleting ur recent files permanantly.
2. goto control panel look for indexing options and den click advanced click rebuild ..dis will also delete items whcih shows in ur recent list

Ok, when i click on a file to delete it, it comes up with this ---> "The... folder does not exist. The file may have been moved or deleted."

I think I have deleted these files a while ago but when i search for them they show up
as 0 bytes.

I tried - creating a new folder with the same name and putting those files in and then deleting them, but doesn't work. I tried Hijack this and delete on reboot, can't open as file does not exist for deletion.

don't post solutions that are stupid please such as: have you tried right click and delete

My Computer

hi all,
i am facing a similar problem in vista. i have downloaded a file from someones machine and when i tried to open the folder, it showed some files inside but they were not opening . i deleted those files but the folder is not getting deleted. it says that the specified path does not exist.
i tried indexing along with safe mode deletion, none worked.
kevin, what other things should i do in addition to indexing???

Plz reply soon as this folder is getting me crazy.

nitin

My Computer

Back