Monitor(s) Displays
    one 22" moniter
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    2x 500gb
    Internet Speed
    5 up, 20 down
At this point damastah, you could just do an install over your current one, then restore your files and settings.

~Lordbob

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5QC
    Memory
    2x2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidia GeForce 9500GT 1Gb
    Sound Card
    Mobo
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 206bw
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SP2514N ATA 250Gb 7200RPM
    Samsung [Model] 1Tb 7200RPM SATA2
    PSU
    Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W
    Keyboard
    Razer Tarantula
    Mouse
    Razer Lachesis
    Internet Speed
    not fast enough
At this point damastah, you could just do an install over your current one, then restore your files and settings.

~Lordbob

how would i restore my files and settings?

thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway GM5632e
    Memory
    3gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    8500GT
    Sound Card
    7.1 one. idk the actual name for it
    Monitor(s) Displays
    one 22" moniter
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    2x 500gb
    Internet Speed
    5 up, 20 down

~Lordbob

thanks
That way is rather difficult. You can check out my tutorial: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/237033-windows-old-folder-restore-into-new-installation.html

warning   Warning
Make sure you are comfortable editing from Command Prompt, and are willing to take the risk of naming a file incorrectly and causing problems

information   Information
Any rename problem should be able to be fixed, but I recommend not making them.

~Lordbob

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5QC
    Memory
    2x2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Mobo
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 206bw
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Keyboard
    Razer Tarantula
    Mouse
    Razer Lachesis
    Internet Speed
    not fast enough
Alright, I suspected as much. Shut down the computer, and boot into your Vista Install Disk. Instead of choosing Install, select Repair Your Computer.

Find your installation, and try a repair install.

~Lordbob

bob, i clicked on repair. but it didnt do anything. it gave me 4 options, one was startup repair, one was system restore, one was system complete restore, and another was memory scan something(i dont remember what it was, but it started with memory) and the last was Command prompt

i did startup repair assuming that was the repair you wanted me to do. did i chose the correct repair? or did i do something wrong. the link you gave me in the post above, its sooo long. but i want to use that as a last resort, because it will take an hour or two, and i dont have a printer

thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway GM5632e
    Memory
    3gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    8500GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    one 22" moniter
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    2x 500gb
    Internet Speed
    5 up, 20 down
Alright, I suspected as much. Shut down the computer, and boot into your Vista Install Disk. Instead of choosing Install, select Repair Your Computer.

~Lordbob

bob, i clicked on repair. but it didnt do anything. it gave me 4 options, one was startup repair, one was system restore, one was system complete restore, and another was memory scan something(i dont remember what it was, but it started with memory) and the last was Command prompt

i did startup repair assuming that was the repair you wanted me to do. did i chose the correct repair? or did i do something wrong. the link you gave me in the post above, its sooo long. but i want to use that as a last resort, because it will take an hour or two, and i dont have a printer

thanks
That is the right one, but in my experience, it does not work well.

I gave you the tutorial to use if you just want to try a clean install. It actually only takes about 15 minutes, and is fairly simple. I could guide you through it if you need it.

~Lordbob

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5QC
    Memory
    2x2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Mobo
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 206bw
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Keyboard
    Razer Tarantula
    Mouse
    Razer Lachesis
    Internet Speed
    not fast enough

~Lordbob

thanks

I gave you the tutorial to use if you just want to try a clean install. It actually only takes about 15 minutes, and is fairly simple. I could guide you through it if you need it.

~Lordbob

guide me as in through the phone?
because i can use the guidance. ;P

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway GM5632e
    Memory
    3gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    8500GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    one 22" moniter
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    2x 500gb
    Internet Speed
    5 up, 20 down
i cant open Network and Sharing Center either. when i open it i get this message, "Windows Explorer has stopped working. " then that message changes to "Windows Explorer is restarting." help please !!!

thanks

Hi,

Why dont u give a try of this before going to reformat,

1. this, right click and empty area on your desktop, point to New, click Folder, and then type cpl.
  2. Move all of the .cpl files out of the System32 folder and into the cpl folder that you created.
  3. Verify that Control Panel opens. Note that Control Panel does not contain icons after you move all of the .cpl files out of the System32 folder.
  4. Move the .cpl files back into the System32 folder, one at a time, and then open Control Panel after you move each file to verify that Control Panel opens.
  5. If you move a .cpl file back into the System32 folder, and Control Panel does not open, delete the file, or replace the file with a known, good .cpl file.
let me know the result :)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Wipro
    Motherboard
    Intel dq35j0
    Memory
    8 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    inter express chipset
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Wipro
    Screen Resolution
    1024*768
    Hard Drives
    500 gb
    Keyboard
    DELL
    Mouse
    Dell
    Internet Speed
    100 mbps(office lan)

thanks

~Lordbob

guide me as in through the phone?
because i can use the guidance. ;P
That was not what I was thinking, but if you really need to, I could.
If you have a second computer, just open up the tutorial on the good one, then follow it. It is fairly simple, just follow the directions.

~Lordbob

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5QC
    Memory
    2x2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Mobo
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 206bw
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Keyboard
    Razer Tarantula
    Mouse
    Razer Lachesis
    Internet Speed
    not fast enough
i cant open Network and Sharing Center either. when i open it i get this message, "Windows Explorer has stopped working. " then that message changes to "Windows Explorer is restarting." help please !!!

thanks

Hi,

1. this, right click and empty area on your desktop, point to New, click Folder, and then type cpl.
  2. Move all of the .cpl files out of the System32 folder and into the cpl folder that you created.
  3. Verify that Control Panel opens. Note that Control Panel does not contain icons after you move all of the .cpl files out of the System32 folder.
  4. Move the .cpl files back into the System32 folder, one at a time, and then open Control Panel after you move each file to verify that Control Panel opens.
  5. If you move a .cpl file back into the System32 folder, and Control Panel does not open, delete the file, or replace the file with a known, good .cpl file.

i need permission to move these .cpl files out of system32. i could only move 5 of them out, there was 50 left?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway GM5632e
    Memory
    3gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    8500GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    one 22" moniter
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    2x 500gb
    Internet Speed
    5 up, 20 down
i had UAC off, and i thought the permission thing was becaus of that right? so i turn UAC on, and i have to restart the computer. i see i have an update for my computer, so instead of clicking restart, i clicked the red button that inststalls update then restarts it. it would not restart correctly. it would show everthing up until the loading screen where the green bar goes left to right. then after it "loads" screen goes black. and stays black. i used the CD to repair it, i clicked restore, i clicked on last night after i uninstalled the antivirus. and it restored, i booted it. it had the same problem. so i turned it off, and booted it from the CD. then i did startup repair, it said i have something plugged in like a camera or something like that. so i took out my SD card and this one USB that wasnt connected to anything at the moment, and i rebooted it, started from the CD and clicked startup repair, got the same message. it said if this message pops up i should contact my administrator. my computer sucks. :'( first control panel, now it wont turn on. :'(
EDIT

it works now. it just took like an hour for that black screen to show my login area

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway GM5632e
    Memory
    3gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    8500GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    one 22" moniter
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    2x 500gb
    Internet Speed
    5 up, 20 down
How do you restore windows.old

I am getting this error;
C:\windows\system32\explorerFrame.dll is either not designed to run on windows or corrupted. I have done the scans, ran reg cure etc. It says they found a problem but cannot fix it. I cannot open anything, control panel, docs, photos, nothing. If I install over it says it will erase but If you say do not format I can retrieve my docs?

Thanks in Advance
Kim

My Computer

How do you restore windows.old

I am getting this error;
C:\windows\system32\explorerFrame.dll is either not designed to run on windows or corrupted. I have done the scans, ran reg cure etc. It says they found a problem but cannot fix it. I cannot open anything, control panel, docs, photos, nothing. If I install over it says it will erase but If you say do not format I can retrieve my docs?

Thanks in Advance
Kim

kim i think this is what you are looking for?

~Lordbob

thanks
That way is rather difficult. You can check out my tutorial: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/237033-windows-old-folder-restore-into-new-installation.html

warning   Warning
Make sure you are comfortable editing from Command Prompt, and are willing to take the risk of naming a file incorrectly and causing problems

information   Information
Any rename problem should be able to be fixed, but I recommend not making them.

~Lordbob

***EDIT***
dont thank me. thank bobbio

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway GM5632e
    Memory
    3gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    8500GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    one 22" moniter
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    2x 500gb
    Internet Speed
    5 up, 20 down
OMG IT WORKS!!!

the five files that i moved out of my system32 folder made it work again!! haha. im just gonna keep those files there. i have no idea y. ill let you guys kno if this problem persists THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME!
bob the most kuzz i could tell he was getting a little frustrated. thank you!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway GM5632e
    Memory
    3gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    8500GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    one 22" moniter
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    2x 500gb
    Internet Speed
    5 up, 20 down
OMG IT WORKS!!!

the five files that i moved out of my system32 folder made it work again!! haha. im just gonna keep those files there. i have no idea y. ill let you guys kno if this problem persists THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME!
LOL Glad you got it figured out.

I was only frustrated because I ran out of ideas.....

~Lordbob

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5QC
    Memory
    2x2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Mobo
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 206bw
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Keyboard
    Razer Tarantula
    Mouse
    Razer Lachesis
    Internet Speed
    not fast enough
OMG IT WORKS!!!

LOL Glad you got it figured out.

I was only frustrated because I ran out of ideas.....

~Lordbob

HAHA ok, thanks bro. i cant rep you again. :'( but i think ill soon be back. but it works for now. let me check again

edit
yup still works
thanks again man

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway GM5632e
    Memory
    3gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    8500GT
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    one 22" moniter
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    2x 500gb
    Internet Speed
    5 up, 20 down

thanks

Hi,

i need permission to move these .cpl files out of system32. i could only move 5 of them out, there was 50 left?

Glad it worked for u ....

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Wipro
    Motherboard
    Intel dq35j0
    Memory
    8 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    inter express chipset
    Sound Card