Classic Theme - works completely?

That is odd. While I certainly can't argue with your screens and don't question what you're saying, my Prof was insistent there are some features not displayed when using Classic.

When your professor switched to the Classic theme it could also have switched to the classic Start Menu, depending whether it was that way last time the Classic theme was used. Then he could have switched to either the Vista menu or classic menu (just like you can in Aero) by right clicking the TaskBar > Properties.

"my Prof was insistent there are some features not displayed when using Classic"

Yes but search on the Start Menu isn't one of them unless you choose to have it that way.
Only a few fancy gimmicks such as:
- the 3D task switcher you get from Win+Tab,
- when you press Alt+Tab you see icons in Classic and larger thumbnails in Aero
- when you hover over a Task Bar button in Aero you see a large thumbnail of that program's window.

Since he also teaches ethical hacking, I have to believe he's familiar with the OS and knows what he's talking about? So Tuesday I'll ask him again what he meant by that?
Why don't you try it for yourself instead of asking your professor.
You don't have to be a teacher of ethical hacking to be familiar with an OS or to be able to switch themes temporarily and see for yourself.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    home assembled
    CPU
    Intel Q9450 quad core
    Motherboard
    Asus P5Q Pro, Intel P45 chipset
    Memory
    4GB : 2 x 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte 9600GT
    Sound Card
    Realtek onboard the mobo
    Monitor(s) Displays
    BenQ 24"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Hard Drives
    2 of Samsung HD501LJ SATA2 500GB
    and a few IDE hard disks on USB for backups
    PSU
    Corsair TX-650 and APC UPS
    Case
    Antec P180
    Cooling
    OCZ Vendetta2
Why don't you try it for yourself instead of asking your professor. You don't have to be a teacher of ethical hacking to be familiar with an OS or to be able to switch themes temporarily and see for yourself.
My prof felt it worth mentioning. Why he did I don't know; I'll have to wait and ask. However, in order to know some feature is missing when switched to Classic, you have to first be aware it exists. Can't say I've focused any attention at all on this aspect of Vista. New theme old them, meh... I'm usually in a browser, document or game anyway, so what do I know?

I suppose I could spend an hour fiddling around with all the themes and styles and all the other frilly stuff, but it's just not that important an issue for me. Besides, you guys are doing a fine job with that already.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Fumz' Flux-Capacitor
    CPU
    E8400
    Motherboard
    DFI LP DK P35-T2RS
    Memory
    4GB G.Skill PC-1066
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA 8800 GTS