Computer not been right since Windows update

Can anyone please help me too... i am facing what i see from these post. The fact is i dunno what happen for my computer to have now became this state... please help me. I only know my computer status is bad & i need serious help. I didnt even know something was wrong till now & if i've read enuff from what i saw frm the post, i guess all i have to say is its very serious. Can anyone please help. Cause i dunno what i can do to help revert anything. All i can remeber is there was a *cmd.exe* pop out pop for the whole day & i ignore & blah blah... next when i realise my com is threaten by virus, its sad... Till now i only tried to do 1 thing which is try download & run a file call "checksur" i think & another 2 more box appear out for me. PLEASE i need some serious help. I beleive the damage is .... Erm, i wish to add, so the correct meaning of understanding this virus, how deep is my damage or isit recoverable? As i usually never let the com sleeps so does that means w/o me it can still access?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    VGN-CS26G
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPUP8600 @ 2.4GHz 2.40 GHZ
    Memory
    3.00GB
    Hard Drives
    320GB
    Mouse
    bluetooth
    Other Info
    I'm sorry some infomations i do not have as i dont know where to get. Kindly let me know wher i can get the info, I'll update. Thanks.
& all i know is the error shows cmd.exe/drive/harddisk/dr1

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    VGN-CS26G
    CPU
    Memory
    3.00GB
    Hard Drives
    320GB
    Mouse
    bluetooth
    Other Info
    I'm sorry some infomations i do not have as i dont know where to get. Kindly let me know wher i can get the info, I'll update. Thanks.
Can anyone please help me too... i am facing what i see from these post. The fact is i dunno what happen for my computer to have now became this state... please help me. I only know my computer status is bad & i need serious help. I didnt even know something was wrong till now & if i've read enuff from what i saw frm the post, i guess all i have to say is its very serious. Can anyone please help. Cause i dunno what i can do to help revert anything. All i can remeber is there was a *cmd.exe* pop out pop for the whole day & i ignore & blah blah... next when i realise my com is threaten by virus, its sad... Till now i only tried to do 1 thing which is try download & run a file call "checksur" i think & another 2 more box appear out for me. PLEASE i need some serious help. I beleive the damage is .... Erm, i wish to add, so the correct meaning of understanding this virus, how deep is my damage or isit recoverable? As i usually never let the com sleeps so does that means w/o me it can still access?

Hello melancholy!

To stop this thread from getting cluttered, can you please post your own thread over in the System Security Forum here: System Security - Vista Forums

It will not be very long at all before someone has a look at your computer.

If you want to be proactive, please download, update, and post a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Edition Quick Scan. This will allow a helper (Jacee) to quickly offer advice and support. Download link: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes

Thank you so much for your support!

Richard

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.50GHz
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 3870 (512 MBytes)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 x Dell 2007FP and 1 x (old) Sonic flat screen
    Screen Resolution
    1600 x 1200 and 1280 x 1204
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)
    Western Digital: WDC WD6400AAKS-75A7B0

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    Western Digital: Caviar Black, SATA 6GB/S, 64Mb cache, 8ms
    Western Digital: WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Advent Optical ADE-WG01 (colour change light up)
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
    ASUS USB 3.0 5Gbps/SATA 6Gbps - PCI-Express Combo Controller Card (U3S6)
thank you richard, may i know who is Jacee & how to contact this person & can i dl the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Edition Quick Scan instead of the full version? & also which should i select?

oh no richard now i tried to do what u asked, the scan cant b done cos due to the programme not responding....

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    VGN-CS26G
    CPU
    Memory
    3.00GB
    Hard Drives
    320GB
    Mouse
    bluetooth
    Other Info
thank you richard, may i know who is Jacee & how to contact this person & can i dl the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Edition Quick Scan?

Of course you may!

STEP ONE: Here is how to run a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Quick Scan:
mbam.png
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware a.k.a. MBAM - Download Free Version (freeware) - Homepage
Why? Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is very good at removing the zlob trojan, virtumonde, and most other current infections. This single tool has replaced multiple tools that have been required in the past.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, confirm a check mark is placed next to the following:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. The rogue application should now be gone.
When completed, a log will open in Notepad. All you have to do is leave it open, on your screen for the moment.

I see that you have already posted a new topic. This is excellent! Now that you have your Notepad window open, please Click on the Edit Menu at the top, followed by Select All. Everything in the window should now be highlighted blue.

Without clicking anywhere else yet, please click back onto the Edit Menu, followed by Copy. This is all you need to do for the moment.

Now, go back to your thread which you have just created, and click on the big orange button "Post Reply". A box as you have seen before will appear. In this text box, right click and now click on Paste. The log file will now have been copied to the Text Box.

Click Submit Reply, and you are all done!

JACEE:

Jacee will contact you. Now that you have posted your topic, when she next comes online (probably in the morning when she wakes up) she will see your topic, and your situation, and quickly start helping you. All you need to do is keep a vague eye on your new topic, (an email should come through about it as well) and when she replies, do exactly as she says, and she will be able to fix your computer. You will probably get a response in less than 24 hours, though she might be a little busier at times. Don't worry, she will help you!

If you have any other question, please don't hesitate to ask!

Richard

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
I have a suggestion... STOP USING VISTA!!!!!!!!

Go buy a mac or something. They're crap, but at least they pull the chicks - either that, or people think you're metro.

I am afraid to say that I have one very small disagreement to that. Vista (and all Microsoft Operating Systems) are perfectly fine to use. Some people argue that Macs don't get viruses. This is completely incorrect. They get lots of viruses, and just as potent viruses. Microsoft Operating Systems are targeted, but simply because they have the majority of the Market Share, and it is most lucrative for malware writers. If you keep your programs (Adobe, Java, and Windows) being the most crucial, keep an updated anti-virus software, and follow good internet safety practices, you will be fine.

There is also the problem with Mac and Linux users not taking any precautions, because they feel they are safe, and then getting hit hard - WHAMM!

If you still disagree, and that is perfectly fine, people are allowed their views, then create a new topic in the System Security Forum, and we can discuss this. I do not want to discuss this here. This is shug99's thread, and I want to get this back on topic for him/her, and ready if s/he has any more problems.

Please do not reply to this, but start a new topic. I will see it.

Thank you!

Richard

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
Back