Computer won't bootup how do I save my files?

Any 5gb partition is the factory recovery partition there for using the full system restore option or working with a set of recovery disks. Since you are working with multiple drives and partitions only one partition would be effected with either a factory recovery or full install from a separate full version Vista dvd

So you think I should just try to use he factory recovery (my 3 backup disks) and it won't affect the rest of my data?

My Computer

Any 5gb partition is the factory recovery partition there for using the full system restore option or working with a set of recovery disks. Since you are working with multiple drives and partitions only one partition would be effected with either a factory recovery or full install from a separate full version Vista dvd
So you think I should just try to use he factory recovery (my 3 backup disks) and it won't affect the rest of my data?

Its risky but yes it is also an option, the question being, if you get the option to back up your files on drive C:\ and if it will save all of your files on C:\ into this folder Windows.old

All other partitions will not be affected.

I have never had a backup partition so I do not know :(

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self build
    CPU
    Phenom II x4 Black Edition 940-Arctic-Cooling Freezer Xtreme
    Motherboard
    Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe
    Memory
    8 gig Samsung PC800 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidia 9600gt
    Sound Card
    AD1988b
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" TFT-MONITOR WIDESCREEN mit VGA/DVI 17" Video7 TFT
    Screen Resolution
    1680 : 1050 1280 : 1024
    Hard Drives
    Drive #1 - SAMSUNG HD252HJ (250 GB)
    Drive #2 - Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 (1000 GB)
    Drive #3 - SAMSUNG HD250HJ (250 GB)
    Drive #4 - SAMSUNG HD103UJ (1000 GB) External eSATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake Toughpower Cable Management 750W
    Case
    Enermax Chakra
    Cooling
    2x 120mm Front and Back 1x 250mm Side
    Keyboard
    Standard
    Mouse
    Easy Line Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    I have also used Fedora, Suse, Ubuntu Linux
    And all other Windows from 95 to date except ME

Its risky but yes it is also an option, the question being, if you get the option to back up your files on drive C:\ and if it will save all of your files on C:\ into this folder Windows.old

All other partitions will not be affected.

I have never had a backup partition so I do not know :(

There was an option like this on system repair.. when I was trying to repair the startup.. It said "backup files", I clicked it to see what hpappened and it said something like "no drive detected"... but I think this was for somekind of file dump with a removable drive.. these are 2 different things, right?

this was before I talked to you, pooch. I think it's separate from recovery. Not sure though.

My Computer

Yes it is different, this will restore your C:\ partition back to how it was when you first got the PC

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self build
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe
    Memory
    8 gig Samsung PC800 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidia 9600gt
    Sound Card
    AD1988b
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Enermax Chakra
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Standard
    Mouse
    Easy Line Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    I have also used Fedora, Suse, Ubuntu Linux
    And all other Windows from 95 to date except ME
You may also want to look at this as it is different to what I already pasted;
Restore the PC to its original condition with the HP Recovery Manager if Windows Vista is not accessible
If the PC cannot launch into Windows, it may still be possible to use the HP Recovery Manager on the hard drive to restore the computer to its original operating condition by first pressing the Power button to start the PC, and then pressing the F11 key to start the HP Recovery Manager.
NOTE: Depending on the BIOS version, your computer may display multiple prompts during startup including F11 to start System Recovery. Pressing the F11 key on a computer with an HP factory image will start System Recovery even if the prompt is not displayed.

• If the HP Recovery Manager can access the hard drive, a prompt is displayed to backup the user files before beginning the recovery. Follow any on-screen instructions.
  • If the HP Recovery Manager cannot access the hard drive to fix any system errors, use the set of recovery discs to recover the hard drive to its original condition.

Restore the PC to its original condition with the recovery discs
If the PC cannot access Windows, and the Recovery Manager cannot be started by selecting the F11 key on start-up, use the recovery discs to start the PC and restore the hard drive to the original operating condition by following the steps below.

NOTE: Please be aware that using your system's recovery discs may take two hours, and that using discs ordered directly from HP may take four to six hours and include several restarts.

The HP Recovery Manager function on the recovery discs examines the condition of the hard drive and attempts to fix any system errors so that the PC can start and run Windows. If the disc sectors used by the HP Recovery Manager are corrupted or cannot be repaired, the Recovery Manager will overwrite all the data and reconfigure the entire hard drive.
Use the recovery discs to restore the PC by following the steps below.

1. Open the disc drive door and turn off the PC.
  2. Insert the first Recovery disc in the disc drive and close the door.
  3. Press the power button to turn on the PC.
  4. The HP Recovery Manager window appears during the boot process.
    • If the HP Recovery Manager can access the hard drive, a prompt is displayed to backup the user files before continuing the recovery.
    • If the HP Recovery Manager cannot access the hard drive to fix the system errors, the HP Recovery Manager will overwrite all the data and reconfigure the entire hard drive to its original condition.
  5. Follow the prompts to insert any additional recovery discs in the disc drive.

After restoring the PC to its original factory template condition, it is extremely important to obtain and install updates for the PC and its software, which has been released since the manufacture date of the PC. Use the HP Drivers and Downloads page to search for updates relating to HP Update, HP Health Check, and HP QuickPlay. Also, search for an updated BIOS and any updated device drivers.
This is what we are talking about here

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self build
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe
    Memory
    8 gig Samsung PC800 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidia 9600gt
    Sound Card
    AD1988b
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Enermax Chakra
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Standard
    Mouse
    Easy Line Laser Mouse