Copy drivers from command line

I'm trying to get Vista to load. When I try to load normally with boot logging enabled, the first driver it has trouble with is NDProxy.sys. It says loaded and then it says did not load (seems to try twice).

I copied a more recently updated driver from a working Vista machine (the old one was 2008--new one June 2010) and deleted the old one. (I saved a copy to removable drive.) The new file is about 50% bigger.

Now when I load normally the boot log shows that the driver again tries loading twice, but fails both times. With boot logging enabled on the donor machine there is no problem loading it.

Am I missing a step? Does something need to be changed in the registry? I searched all occurances of NDProxy in the registry and recorded the details. Nothing changed after reboot. The entries in the donor machine's registry were also very similar.

I doubt that this driver is preventing Vista from loading, but I want to get the hang of it before attempting to replace any others.

Note: Safe mode won't load either. Only command prompt is available (or Linux live DVD--no bootable Vista disc).

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba
    CPU
    AMD Turion
Safe mode does not load, may be your hard drive. Did you take a hard drive diagnostic test?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I did chkdsk manually and it did it automatically once after a failed boot. It's been a while, but I think the manual one found nothing and the "auto" one found and fixed some orphans. No bad sectors though.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba
    CPU
    AMD Turion
This is a real HD, test. See if you can take this one. The native chkdsk, tells very little

Test Hard Drive

Hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaToolsfor Windows | Seagate - Both long and shorttests

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam