DeletedFully my Desktop folder in my user-place

chardly

yes, I am not to good at the majicomputer skills: First, all of my important folders..I kept on my desktop...thousands of hours of work over many years - slap me. In my user folder, I deleted my desktop folder...6000+ items..and when it asked if I wanted to fully delete it because some names were too long or it was too big, I cliked yes...and i pray this can be reversed. I will always back up 4ever & ever. The config/illustration is as follows:
Computar - Users - Richard - in here are the Documents, Downloads, etc. then the Desktop - had another ...Desktop folder inside, so I deleted it. They both dissapeared and all my main folders are gone from the desktop..only the Richard, Mycomputar, Recycle bin and control panel folders are left on the desktop.

I thought was a double...

Gadzooks..I cannot drag the address bar for here onto the desktop, and word will not open. OMG, I have really dread that I have both ruined my computer as well as lost years of work. I hope you folks have some ideas....thank you for your time

richard

this is my first forum day

richard
whitehousetv@yahoo

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
hey guy..this forum thing is new so I hope you get this. Now..I'll checkout those 2 programs....but I need the computer on to use them. So, I'm going to check them out. thank you

My Computer

Of course, but do not play games or email or other unnecessary sturr until you know if you can get the documents or not.
There is a third method now, but may not be available on all editions of Vista.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I have a system restore point only a few days ago..but had problems with it. I am at such a loss feeling really stupid. I spent the last 4 months after a disastrous crash organizing what I could from my old life (I got robbed 4 times at two homes..then lost my job & four after that - companies kept going under...i ended up homeless for a few months - from working the largest TV feed in the world at The White House for 14 years. Everything was in those 14 files & 6,000 items. I am a bit despondent. Tomorrow I'm going to a computer smartie to look at these options. The scarey odd things now on the desktop such as no dragging things on it and when I clikRT to New...it used to have all those cool things, now it is just a shield icon...and word there was my life. the boxes whic come up when iOPEN THINGS MENTIONS THE DESKTOP FOLDER RIGHT OFF THE BAT, WOULD THAT COPY HELP YOU? oops, sorry, a one finger bandit at the end of 7 hours of freaking out a little. Here's the copy in that bubble: a big red X: C;\Users\Richard\Documents\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure the disc is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet, and try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location. The copy for the word one is even weirder: two little bubble boxes: OH..you can give it a name..but when you double clik to open..this: The Command cannot be performed because a dialog box is opened...OK: the dialog box: a Mocrosoft Office Word one..."The file Normal.dotm cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents"

My Computer

Sorry about your problems, but take this advice. If you are going to a shop to have it looked at, do not use it any more. Every time you use it, you delete a little bit more. Everything that is deleted is still there, until it gets truly erased from use.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays