DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

The services won't start in safe mode, I can try the system restore undo, but wouldn't that only be helpful if a system restore was what caused the issue?

we can try resetting your winsock,

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
  3. In Registry Editor, locate the following keys, right-click each key, and rename it as winsock.old and winsock2.old HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2
restart your computer (must),

1. Type ncpa.cpl and hit enter in run, In the windows right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.
  2. Click Install.
  3. Click Protocol, and then click Add.
  4. Click Have Disk.
  5. Type C:\Windows\inf, search for nettcpip.inf and give ok. Now the tcp ip protocal will be reinstalled.
Once it completed and restart your system.

Let me know the result :)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Wipro
    Motherboard
    Intel dq35j0
    Memory
    8 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    inter express chipset
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Wipro
    Screen Resolution
    1024*768
    Hard Drives
    500 gb
    Keyboard
    DELL
    Mouse
    Dell
    Internet Speed
    100 mbps(office lan)
Hey there. I have a similar problem to this, and I've tried everything in this post, and nothing has worked so far.

When I tried to reset the winsock, like explained by Delphin above, it didn't work. It kinda did, but kinda not:

When I rebooted back, I tried to see if I got internet, no internet. Checked the regedit, as I'm not a fan of changing stuff in there, and I saw that only Winsock2 had gotten it re-created. There was no winsock, except my winsock.old.

So I dunno, it's still broken for me....

I've also posted a complete listing off my problem over @ Nvidia problems, due to the nature of the chipset, please check there for my complete list of my problem:

So, my Ethernet is dead.... - NVIDIA Forums

If you can help, that would be AWESOME! Thanks in advance for any pointers or tips.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Abit IN9 32X MAX
    Memory
    2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
    Sound Card
    Realtek onboard thingie
When I tried to reset the winsock, like explained by Delphin above, it didn't work.
And have you tried reset the whole TCP /IP protocol (post 17)?

Yep!

Also, after doing all on this page, I'm not having thee NCPA.cpl stall/hang, when I try to change from public/home states, or such.

http://righteouscrusade.com/datas/users/1-hangingonnettworksearchthingie.jpg

PS: Posted a complete recant of my problems and issues in a new topic in this forum, just a bit before you replied.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Abit IN9 32X MAX
    Memory
    2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
    Sound Card
    Realtek onboard thingie