Downloaded files disappear

I am not fully understanding what you are saying is happening....downloads can't be found after completing? Or the download stops short of completion and is not present?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Amd Athlon X2 6400+ BE
    Motherboard
    ASUS Crosshair 590 SLI
    Memory
    Corsair XMS2 X 4 (8 gigs)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 8800 GTS 512 G92(SLI'd)
    Sound Card
    Soundmax
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung Syncmaster 2053BW 20"
    Screen Resolution
    1680X1050
    Hard Drives
    WD 320, WD 500
    PSU
    Thermaltake Toughpower 850 watt
    Case
    Raidmax Smilodon
    Cooling
    Air cooled,5 case fans
    Keyboard
    Microsoft
    Mouse
    Logitech MX400
    Internet Speed
    16mbps
Yes it is very confusing as there is no reasoning behind the problem , the downloads go as usual , they download completely , then you sometimes see the window (in Vista) coping files but you NEVER see the "download complete" window the copy window just closes.

Now if you have it set to just close the window after download is complete it does that so thats not abnormal but mine is not set to do that so i never get the completed window it just closes. So I guess they never really complete even though it shows them fully downloaded right before it closes.

and as I have stated I have selected maybe 30 places to download the files to including all 3 HDD's , several folders on each drive , network places (my server) , flash drives....everywhere I can think of , the downloads just will not work.

and @ delphin , sorry it took so long to get to try this...blast that Counterstrike and Gary's mod!! lol

I made the reg string and added the path to a download folder and it still will not work :( , however I thank you very much for your suggestion and will keep that idea/tip handy as that could come in useful down the road.

I also ran sfc /scannow and it found no problems , I also ran the file checker at boot and set it to auto fix errors...nada.

and now the autorun will not work for their CD/DVDrom , I have checked all the settings and they are spot on it just will NOT autorun , you have to go to my computer and run it from the disk location....BAH!!

All this crap probably came from my daughters my space , I loathe that site as we have to monitor it constantly!! But she is a great 15 year old kid and is keeping her GPA up and is taking advanced classes so I can't take it away.

Well thanks for the suggestions all i was hopeing that one of the others in this thread may have solved their problem and might share the fix but more then likely this kind of issue can only be fixed with a system reinstall.
I just wish I knew what caused it.

thanks again for the try's y'all!!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Built
    CPU
    AMD AM2+ 9850
    Motherboard
    ASUS Crosshair 1207
    Memory
    OCZ Reaper 1066 4 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX GTX260/9600 PhysX
    Sound Card
    ASUS Xonar D2
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic 21" LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1060
    Hard Drives
    WD: 650gig System software, 250gig Games. Seagate: 150gig Storage.
    PSU
    OCZ 860 TurboCool
    Case
    ThermalTake Shark!
    Cooling
    fans and stuff
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15 II
    Mouse
    Logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    Cable
    Other Info
    TV card for media center
I've been searching the Internet with no luck on finding a solution to this problem. I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution to this, as I've been having it also. Exact same problem as has been mentioned throughout this thread by others. I download a file, the file downloads normally, afterward the window says download completed, and then nothing. The file disappears and is not anywhere on the computer. This happens with any file I try to download, with any browser, to any folder. Can anyone help! This is getting critical because I can't download or update any programs. Help! :confused:

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU
    Memory
    2.00 GB
This is the first time that ive posted on a forum so im new on hwo to do this...
I noticed a problem a couple of days ago that when i was converting youtube videos off the URL to an MP3 format the song wouldnt appear in the distination folder. so i thought it was the program so i went to download it again as a repair file but my firefox and safari both say the file is downloading but when the download is complete it is no where to be found. so i tried again but watched what was happening in my downloads folder, the file was showing that it was there when it was downloading but when the download finished it completely disappears and cannot be found not even by searching the whole laptop. can someboady help me on this part?

The second problem is i have AVG 8.5 which i recently updated to 9.0 i managed to run one scan of the whole system but as i went on my laptop last night to run a scan the program wouldnt open, i went into the program files > avg and then clicked setup and it came up with an error box basically saying the AVG didnt excist on the system even though the folders are clearly infront of my eyes, i back dated my laptop via system restore to the 5th november before i updated AVG and my windows update and the problem persists

can somebody help me with one or both of these problems please as i need to get it fixed due to work.... thanks:D

My Computer

Back