Downloaded windows 32 bit recovery kit "illegally" without a lisence and now...

hi rox, i read in another forum that it is a scam,it looks like a lawers letter saying they will drop the case if you send $375 dollars, and i think it said how to get rid of it is, to go into programs and features and look for a program that you didn't install or that doesent look familiar, and uninstall, its a form of trojan horse that some how got into your system,if i come across the editorial i will post, good luck patch41.

My Computer

hi rox, it is a scam, i read in another forum there is a trojan horse that got ihto your computer,and you get a message that looks like it comes from a lawyers office and it say's you committed copy write infringment; send $375dollars or they will take you to court, i think the way they said to get rid of it was, go into programs and features and look for a program that looks unfamiliar, or you dont reconize and uninstall, it might be wise to create a restore point, in case you delete the wrong program,i will see if i can find the information on this trojan horse and post it good luck patch41

My Computer

Back