Error 80244019

Hi Lorraine,

Do you mean you can't find regedit.exe, or do you mean regedit doesn't take you to the registry?

SIW2

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Vista
    CPU
    Intel E8400
    Motherboard
    ASRock1333-GLAN R2.0
    Memory
    4gb DDR2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500GT 1gb
  • Operating System
    win7/vista
    CPU
    intel i5-8400
    Motherboard
    gigabyte b365m ds3h
    Memory
    ballistix 2x8gb 3200
I am having the same problem but when i get to this point:
3rd. Rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder:
-Type the following command, and then press Enter.
ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
:It say a duplicate file name exists or can not be found
what do i do now?

My Computer

this did not work for me either. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I am running vista home premium 32 bit. i get the same error message that windows can not update.
Hi Alfie22,

Perform the following steps to reset the Windows Update component.

1st. Stop the Background Intelligent Transfer Service and the Automatic Updates service. To do this, follow these steps:

-Click Start/All Programs/Accessories. Right click 'Command Prompt' and select 'Run As Administrator'. Click 'Continue' on the UAC prompt.

-At the command prompt, type the following commands, and then press ENTER after each command:

net stop wuauserv

net stop bits

2nd. Rename the Catroot2 folder. To do this, follow these steps:

-Type the following commands, and then press Enter after each command.

net stop cryptsvc

ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 oldcatroot2
net start cryptsvc

3rd. Rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder:

-Type the following command, and then press Enter.

ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

4. Register the files that are used by Windows Update and Microsoft Update. To do this, follow these steps:

-At the command prompt, type the following commands, press ENTER after each -command, and then click OK every time that you receive a verification message:

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wucltux.dll
regsvr32 wups2.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuwebv.dll

5. Start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service, the Automatic Updates service, and the Event Log service. To do this, follow these steps:

-At the command prompt, type the following commands, and then press ENTER after each command:

net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start Eventlog
exit

Reboot the computer and try Windows Update again.

Let us know the results.​

Steven

My Computer

Ok... so one simple suggestion that worked for me was just this... plug your comp directly into your modem... i am a tech. inclined person and i did everything else mentioned in the prior posts... and i still got the same error as everyone else... and even the most "techy" of people sometimes overlook the simple or obvious... it happens. so my reccomendation is just this... disable all other connections to your network (bluetooth, WLAN..., etc.) and plug your comp directly into the modem (not the router) and restart it, then try to update again... worked for me.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion dv6625
    CPU
    AMD TL-58
    Memory
    1gb DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 7150M
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Notebook
    Hard Drives
    160 GB SATA
    Internet Speed
    10 MB/S Cable
hi just thought to tell you this allso done my head in... but i dint give up i found out what it was.. and allso my mate had problem and i sorted it.. i downgraded my windows vista to home premium and it was the same so upgraded to the windows 7 which is mint btw. and it was still saying the same code via windows update. and allso weren't letting me on certain website. eg website you might have 2 download thing from like messenger or something. so i faught hang on a minute. so checked on computer downstairs and same problem.. so thought mayby its a dodgy router so took everything out of there and plugged straight into modem and boom smiley faces all around.. soo any1 whos reading this try hooking your comps straight up to the modem. if it works simple you just need a new router hope this helps you all because i wish i read this like 8 hours ago but actully found out by meself.. good luck :D:D:D:D

My Computer

The reason you could not get on those sites was because microsoft uses the same servers for almost all of its programs that you download... i dont know whether this is just an isolated issue that we all have in a random circumstance in common and thus all have the same issue, or if it is an issue with 32bit versions of vista or what... but i have spent the entire day installing new versions of vista (all 32bit) and had the issue all day. but no matter, problem solved for me... try my solution, good luck to all of you.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion dv6625
    CPU
    AMD TL-58
    Memory
    1gb DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 7150M
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Notebook
    Hard Drives
    160 GB SATA
    Internet Speed
    10 MB/S Cable
i downgraded and upgraded and everytime i tried going on the same site on all the versions of vista and windows 7 it werent allowing me... i fink it might of been something to do with the firewall in my router because most routers these days have a protection with them. but dont have a clue how to sort that out.. because the router works it just not allowing me to download.. ive had to put router back in for now because got 3 computers that peop use round the house...
well anyways least weve both solved the problem i got a new router on its way atm so will tell you how its gets on when i conect the new router up it should be fine

My Computer

Back