Solved Fixed USB wireless Mouse not Recognized Problem

dlstorm

I note that a common subject here is the problem of USB wireless mice not being recognized by computers. For what it's worth the following is my experience. This evening my 3 year old Logitech wireless mouse just stopped working, abruptly, and I started getting repeated messages of an unknown USB device even with nothing attached. I tried the mouse on two other computers...it worked fine. I tried a system restore from yesterday with no results. I followed the advice offered on other threads to delete USB ports and reboot...no go. Still weird behavior. I noted that one person with a similar problem turned off notebook and removed and reinstalled battery...whalla! It works. The mouse now functions and no more strange messages. I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit on a Sony Vaio notebook.

My Computer

I too have a Logitech Wireless mouse and it caused no end of probs till I found that the battery connection seems very touchy. It would either stop working or get very vague in its movement. I changed batteries and it would be Ok for a while and then start playing up. I realised the new battery couldn't have lost its power in such a short time so I removed the cover and took the battery out and then reinserted it. Worked great, so now if it happens I just take off the cover and push down on the battery and again it works.
I also used the Force command in the registry, so on reflection maybe that is working as well.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer 5315 with upgraded CPU and ram.
    CPU
    Intel T7500
    Motherboard
    Intel
    Memory
    2 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    Integrated