Solved Fomatting a 4gb compact flash card to Fat 16

The thing is, even if the other 2GB is formatted, I'm not sure how to get the camera to recognize it - it will probably only see the first 2GB partition it finds (but I don't know for sure as I don't know how the camera operates or reads these disks - it may be possible for the camera to switch partitions but I have no idea how to do it).

In the meantime, if you formatted that unallocated part you might be able to use it with your computer to save other data or files (even if it couldn't be used by the camera) - though I probably wouldn't do that as it means handling it a bit more than than maybe should be done (and you probably would rather keep it in your camera most of the time) and it isn't as sturdy as a standard USB flash drive which is more appropriate for things like that. I think that might be a bit too much handling for such a device.

If you still want to try to format it (I'd make sure the camera can access it first before trying but that's up to you - perhaps their technical support department can answer that), and if Lottie thinks the unallocated part can be formatted with that software, then it probably can be done - though if you decide to go that route it's best he explain how as I use different software myself and if you're having trouble doing it, then he's better equipped to answer your questions as he recommended the software and I'm not familiar with how it works or how to troubleshoot problems with it if you can't get it to format the unallocated part. I believe I can do it with other free software, but I don't know how to do it with this software.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for that!

I`ll try to format it again with this program. And if it doesn`t do it, I`ll just leave it, as I agree with you that it might be too much handling for a compact flash to use it so much (camera & computer)-It works great on my Fuji camera, I`ve been shooting videos with it already, so I`ll probably leave it like that at the moment.

Thanks again from a very happy photographer! :D

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Asus Z53E series
    CPU
    DUO T8100
    Motherboard
    M/B Version: F3E
    Memory
    2GB
    Screen Resolution