Gen 7 installation

Zeltec

I had Vista SP2 32 bit running on, LG775 motherboards since Vista came out. Recently a power supply fault blew the last Asus PSK64WS and all drives. I had AutoCad 2012, Orcad, Xeltec SP 3000, burner and a great sounding Steinberger Audio card. I can't afford to replace everything to run in my Win 10 build and I was very happy with the way things were. I have my original installation disks for Vista Ultimate and bought an MSI B250 PC Mate mother board using legacy mode to replace the Asus. It seemingly installed without a hitch. downloaded from the Microsoft site, SP1 and 2, installed without a hitch as well. On the first run it asked for all the drivers for the B250 to be searched for and downloaded. Mind you the the audio card, a Startec USB3.1 card and firewire card to my backup drive are working as well as the Blueray drive I installed from. None of the B250 USB or network facilities are working so I can't go on the web. On my 10 machine I first went to the MSI site for B250 drivers They went back as far as Win 7 and I downloaded all the 32 bit files to DVD rom. Vista reports with the not for this computer flag. Went on the Intel site and found almost all the updated B250 32 bit drivers were the same for all operating systems from XP through 11. There are 3 pages of them. I don't know which ones I need to download to get the 7 devices (including a driver for M2 drives) working. The SATA ports, USB2 and motherboard video (at 1080P) are working on the B250. I also noticed that Biostar made B250 mother boards that supported Vista so drivers do exist. Any help in finding or installing the drivers I have would be appreciated. Like the President, I'm 80, on Social Security so budgets are limited.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista SP2
Update: I found a MSI driver disk that came with my Z390 board. It had compatible drivers for all but 3 devices. I only need USB3/3.1 controller, Ethernet controller and PCI Simple Communications controller. It now takes 7 seconds to the sign in screen.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista SP2
Glad you have it working. Hell, I thought I was the oldest fart in most of the forums at age 78. You got me beat. LOL

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB