Having trouble updating service pack 2 and other new updates

Hey do you suggest I uninstall vista service pack 1 by chance?
And where did I say about uninstalling service packs? I don't suggest this even I doubt it is possible in your case.CheckSur have normal size it found some error but it fixed already , CBS.log file can be big - I'm still waiting for it

That being said, I go to my cbs file, and this is what is in there, they are all notepad documents :

CBS
CBS.persist
CheckSUR
CheckSUR.persist
FilterList
Give me the red one.

PS.You didn't have enabled showing file extensions -for confortable I suggest correct it as well http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/86163-hidden-files-folders.html

My Computer

Ah ok, here is the red cbs one you wanted, my bad. It is 1.20 mb which seems small. I will do the hidden thing after this , just want to post this really fast for ya.

My Computer

I diagnosed your log & created sfcdetails.txt from your CBS.log (attached to post).There are many damages in WinSxS ,System32 folders - too many to fill manually.Solution only for you is make Repair Install using Vista DVD SP2 x32.Because you lost your own DVD you have to buy new Vista DVD x32 with SP2.

Attachments

• sfcdetails.txt
    520.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

My Computer

Hey i appreciate it man, hopefully i didnt have to go that route but i kind of figured i probably would end up having too. I learned alot about computers believe it or not from you helping me, and maybe next time if i ever have a problem i wont be such an idiot. Really appreciate the help, its nice to know if you ever have a problem there is good people out there to help.

Thanks again!

My Computer

Of course you need Vista DVD SP2 x32 (not x64 as wrote previous.I corrected my previous post as well).Sorry if it cause any problem for you due to my error :confused:.

My Computer

Back