HELP ME | --> Vista Issue

Anyone else have this issue?

• Yes, this happened to me before.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have before, but not now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Usually the memory settings/voltages are found with the memory box when you buy it or stuck on the side of the sticks...

If the memory sticks are NOT identical its not a good idea to change the settings from default because different types use completely different settings and can burn them out forcing manual settings.. Its also usually why there are two sets of settings in CPUZ for the same mem speed because it detects multiple types.

Try both or more settings and run some memory benchmark tests and stay with the best results, its the only way to setup the best timings and config for your system.

steven

My Computer

The thing is, I only have one stick of RAM and it came with the PC...

Ok, and it always worked before so the voltage should be right. Just a stab in the dark on my part. I've played hell with my system trying to get my bios and voltage settings right lol. I still don't know if they are, but I SEEM to be stable for now.

I've told you all I know or even suspect lol, which as you see wasn't much. I'll bow out and let folks who know what they are talking about help you. I DO know however that all my problems with Vista (so far lol) were not problems with VISTA, they were hardware problems.

Dmex: could he not have enough RAM for what he is using and trying to do? Just a thought.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9450
    Motherboard
    nForce 790i Ultra SLI(evga)
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    2 e-GeForce 9800GX2(SLI mode)
    Hard Drives
    WD1500AHFD
    (Raptor 150 GB 10,000 RPM)
512RAM is not enough for Vista, you can pickup 2GB for about $40 and it gives Vista a good performance boost...

My Computer

4-4-4-12 is decent timings butthis still isn't what's causing your issue.
Whenever you scroll or do anything like this, all the data for the page is stored in memory and scrolling puts a strain on this...you need more physical RAM. You have the bare minimum for Basic so dragging windows, scrolling and anything that will make the data reload into memory numerous times in quick succession will cause you stutter issues, especially when you have another high memory usage program like WMP going also.

You need a minimum 1G but I recommend 2G's. RAM is also cheaper now than it's ever been before but do not skimp out on "No Name" stuff. The cheepey RAM uses a less reliable memory chip and less grounding layers than the JEDEC requirements, that's why it's cheaper and that's why many times it'll go bad quickly or not work at all.

Stick with name brand, Crucial, Corsair, Kingston, OCZ...etc and you'll always get JEDEC compliant RAM with top line chips, no seconds or factory rejects on these ones. You can get 1G sticks of name brand RAM for well under $40 these days on Ebay and 2G kits for under $70.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Personal Build
    CPU
    Intel E6750 Core 2 Duo
    Motherboard
    Asus Commando MoBo (P965/ICH8R)
    Memory
    4G's Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 PC26400 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum FATAL1TY (next)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x 22" w2207 LCD Monitors
    Screen Resolution
    1- 1680 x 1050, 1 - 1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    3 x 500G SATA II WD Caviar HDD's
    PSU
    EnerMax NoiseTaker II 600W
    Case
    NZXT Lexa Classic (modified, dual doored & windowed)
    Cooling
    Zalman 9700 CPU cooler, 4-120mm fans, 1-90mm
    Mouse
    Logitech Optical Trackman trackball
    Other Info
    NZXT Lexa Classic Case, Zalman 9700 CPU Cooler, 2 DVD Burners c/w LightScribe (Sony, TSST), Enermax NoiseTaker II 600W PSU with Custom Chrome cable sleeving, Hauppauge HDTV TV Tuner Card, 5.1 Logitech Z5500 speakers, 15 in 1 Multi-card reader
Back