HELP!!! No printer will work with my Vista Laptop even thou its online

Also try to print from Excel. If it does not print, go to Start\Settings\Printers. Check the printing que for your printer to see if the job is there.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Also try to print from Excel. If it does not print, go to Start\Settings\Printers. Check the printing que for your printer to see if the job is there.

Good job, keep it up.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
hello

Up to date information.....

I have tried the following with the Canon MP252, (the HP is at my parents house).

View attachment 27720View attachment 27719View attachment 27718View attachment 27717

System Resore dates available dont go back far enough.

Tried printing from excel. Note the ink is full even though it says empty.

I hope the screenshots are ok for you to see the information you require.

My Acer is the 5535 Aspire. SP2 Vista32 Home

Please help, Thanks

My Computer

Trouble is, the attachments don't work. There's been an issue with them that I reported to the website folks. I haven't received a reply from them so I don't know if they got it.

Open your post and click on the paper clip. Click on an attachment and then save the edits. Does the attachment display properly?

I don't know when or where you get the error about the ink level but that would certainly prevent printing.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Trouble is, the attachments don't work. There's been an issue with them that I reported to the website folks. I haven't received a reply from them so I don't know if they got it.

Open your post and click on the paper clip. Click on an attachment and then save the edits. Does the attachment display properly?

I don't know when or where you get the error about the ink level but that would certainly prevent printing.

The attachments showed on my laptop on the post.

Im not able to try again as I'm on an iPad at the moment.

The ink levels are fine but when you put a document in the print queue it's shows them empty. This is not the case as its new ink plus the hp printer had new ink.

My Computer

Let us know when you get the attachments to work.

I asked you a long time ago if you connected the HP printer during the installation procedure, as it requests (I looked at your installation procedure yesterday to verify that it does that). Did you? What about the Canon?

Go to Control Panel, Device Manager, USB controllers. What driver is shown for the Canon printer and the HP printer?

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Let us know when you get the attachments to work.

I asked you a long time ago if you connected the HP printer during the installation procedure, as it requests (I looked at your installation procedure yesterday to verify that it does that). Did you? What about the Canon?

Go to Control Panel, Device Manager, USB controllers. What driver is shown for the Canon printer and the HP printer?

View attachment 27725
View attachment 27726
View attachment 27727
View attachment 27728

Hi I hope the attachments work properly now. I do not see a paperclip just a "picture" icon to add attachments.

When I installed box printers I did as instructed by the installation process. I plugged it in mid way through installation.

Also, as Im at my parents house I can confirm the HP printer model is 1050A Deskjet.

I just went to Device Manager, USB controllers I found USB Printing Support, that Driver is up to date even though its dated 21/06/2006 and driver details are 6.0.6001.18000, is this what you meant?

I have both printers installed now, I am connected to the HP printer, I just tried to print a test page, in my printer folder the HP was online and set as default and now it says error by its name. And in the box where the document is queued it says error-sent to printer.

My Computer

I just done the HP find and fix tool and it told me everything was fine but then when it asked me to print a test page it came on error again.

Im on the verge of rebooting it to factory settings to see if that fixes it but im worried I dont have the ACER files to do it.

The HP software version is 022.050.231.000 and the driver is 04.43.07.853 The firmware version is SLM2FN1228AR.

NOTE: a diagnostic page prints but a test page does not

My Computer

I don't know if you have the j410a version of that HP printer but this is what I find for the latest driver-

Software & Driver Downloads HP Deskjet 1050 All-in-One Printer - J410a | HP® Support

Note that it says to disconnect the USB cable before installing.

I think there's something really simple that we're missing. You know- "why didn't I think of that?".

I'm going to do some more checking.

One of those things that I noticed in your screenshot is what you've been saying- it says the printer is online. I don't see that with my settings.

Edit: Additional thing to check- in start\settings\printers, right click on the printer, select Properties and check the Security tab to see if everyone has permission to print and manage the printer. In the Advanced tab, make sure it's always available. Also, you might try printing directly to the printer rather than spooling.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
How do I print direct to the printer without spooling? The hp fix tool from the hp support site says my driver is the upto date driver.
Everyone has permission. I will check the advance tab when I go back to it later tonight.

I believe it's something simple and stupid that's stopping it working. I only use windows firewall and I disabled that to see if it worked but no joy.

Thanks for help

My Computer

The direct to printer option is in the Advanced tab. I figured you would see it.

If that doesn't help, I recommend you try the clean boot that I described above.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
It's a process to determine if there's some service or program running that is causing a problem. I had this thread mixed up with another one but it still applies. I don't have time to give you the details tonight.

Edit:

Click on the Start button. Type msconfig.exe in the Run box.
In the Services tab, check the box to "hide all Microsoft services". Then check the box to Disable services.
In the Startup tab, check the box to Disable all startup items.
Reboot.
Test your printer.
Give it a shot and let us know if it helps. If it does, we'll give you further instructions.
Go back to msconfig.exe and reset everything back to the original state as soon as you get done checking your printer and reboot.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory