Help to restore files

joe augustine

Ok, I need real help. I lost my Raid 5 running Vista 32 and after rebuilding lost everything. I managed to figure rebuild it but lost the boot sector. Fearing data loss I installed XP on a fourth hard drive and booted from that drive. I have everything that was not installed under the C:\Users\ folder. Most folders under Users look like normal folders. i.e. Guest1 Guest2 ect. However, the primary folder used for My documents, in my case C:\Users\Augustine Family\ is not a folder anymore. It shows itself simply as a 0 byte File. This folder linked to all my documents with the exception of my music which i placed on a seperate partition. Over 1000 pictures of my 9 month old son are hiding behind the old Personal User Folder and cannot be found using search. When I look at the drive as a whole 60 gigs are used of 150... The only things on this drive are the Vista OS (Which will not boot) and the User folder and a few games) the users folder shows 177mb. Not nearly enough to think that the pictures are still there, however, the combined drive usage suggests the info is not there and I am mearly missing a link in the chain needed to see the missing data. Please tell me this assumption is correct. I am currently upgrading the new 4th drive to Vista Ultimate 32 from XP to see if it will see the folder as it should be. My wife will murder me if I have lost every picture of my son since we took him home from the hospital. Please help.

My Computer

Back