HIGH Cpu usage.. read most posts..

Update: So after running spyware, adaware, ccleaner and defraged my computer is....SLOWER then ever..i restarted.. and it took forever to login.. sat at the log in screen for about 1-2 minutes to actually log ( i disabled ad-aware and search bot S%D from starting up at start up).. i dunno what to do :(....

My Computer

Download and run RSIT http://images.malwareremoval.com/random/RSIT.exe

After it is done you will have 2 logs in c:\rsit - attach them to a post.

RSIT is harmless, if you have not Hijackthis installed it will do it for you.

Davejb is right, you could have an issue with whatever driver, hw item. Why I suggested you be a sheep to HP and update everything, even bios is they suggest so. Then evaluate. You can make things worse by unticking stuff you dont "need" ;)

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD X2 6000
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5
    Memory
    Corsair 4x1gb 6400C4
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX 8800GTS XT 320mb, Generic Nvidia 6200 PCI 128mb
    Sound Card
    Onboard Realtek ALC889A
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Samsung 245b, 20" Dell 2007WFP, 19" Samsung 193P
    Hard Drives
    WD Raptor 74gb, Maxtor 300gb, WD Caviar 16SE 500gb
    PSU
    Corsair 520W
    Case
    Cooler Master Centurion 532
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech MX1100R
    Internet Speed
    20mb down, 1mb up
Well after letting the lag settle in for a while it kinda went away.. like everything stopped lagging after i was active on my computer for an hour or so.. I am doing the RSIT thing now just to make sure..

My Computer

Your info.txt was cut off but nm.

1. Find out what each program you have installed does and evaluate if you need/want it. Get admin of computer do some admin work. HP Support Forums - HP Support Forums
2. Update drivers per HPs advice/suggestions - with possible changes from HP user forum, experience beats updates any time. Why the hesitation? If you can untick what you don't need you can also update drivers. It is as much HPs computer as it is yours - ever heard of PC Decrappifier? Computer is supposed to work out of the box - at least after updates.

Very possible you have some hanging cam, wifi, network adaptor whatever driver hanging, don't know.

Might be worth investigating "QuickPlay Background Capture Service" at Google, Service QuickPlay Background Capture Service (QBCS) hung on starting. - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion for example look interesting but again it does not matter if whatever bug is fixed long ago and you wont update.

Seems like there was some Norton stuff in bundle but you disabled and went for Avira?

Speaking of drivers you seem to have Driver Genius installed, did that come with HP bundle? If not what you use it for?

Don´t think computer is infected - overloaded perhaps. "Free Easy Burner V 3.8" computer would not be the same without? ;) May be good uninstall list is cut off.

Do some trial and error - starting with cam stuff, moving on to network. Definitely update first or you could be wasting time.

Not sure it helps but try open event viewer, go to Applications and Services Logs, Microsoft, Windows, Diagnostics-Performance, Operational. A million thing cause "slowdowns in the startup process" but may be something stands out - like a non Vista process? Sort by Event ID, focus on 1xx - is there a pattern?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD X2 6000
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5
    Memory
    Corsair 4x1gb 6400C4
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Onboard Realtek ALC889A
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 520W
    Case
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech MX1100R
    Internet Speed
    20mb down, 1mb up
Your info.txt was cut off but nm.

1. Find out what each program you have installed does and evaluate if you need/want it. Get admin of computer do some admin work. HP Support Forums - HP Support Forums
2. Update drivers per HPs advice/suggestions - with possible changes from HP user forum, experience beats updates any time. Why the hesitation? If you can untick what you don't need you can also update drivers. It is as much HPs computer as it is yours - ever heard of PC Decrappifier? Computer is supposed to work out of the box - at least after updates.

Very possible you have some hanging cam, wifi, network adaptor whatever driver hanging, don't know.

Might be worth investigating "QuickPlay Background Capture Service" at Google, Service QuickPlay Background Capture Service (QBCS) hung on starting. - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion for example look interesting but again it does not matter if whatever bug is fixed long ago and you wont update.

Seems like there was some Norton stuff in bundle but you disabled and went for Avira?

Speaking of drivers you seem to have Driver Genius installed, did that come with HP bundle? If not what you use it for?

Don´t think computer is infected - overloaded perhaps. "Free Easy Burner V 3.8" computer would not be the same without? ;) May be good uninstall list is cut off.

Do some trial and error - starting with cam stuff, moving on to network. Definitely update first or you could be wasting time.

Not sure it helps but try open event viewer, go to Applications and Services Logs, Microsoft, Windows, Diagnostics-Performance, Operational. A million thing cause "slowdowns in the startup process" but may be something stands out - like a non Vista process? Sort by Event ID, focus on 1xx - is there a pattern?

Well I have no clue what you just said in the second half of that lol, Driver Genius was uninstalled.. so i thought way long ago (was to help me update my drivers..but that apparently went horribly wrong. I also reformatted about a month ago to get rid of all the crap i did to my computer before.. i guess it really doesnt get rid of it..

Also.. I noticed at start up I have 1.2 gigs of ram used out of my 4 gigs, with "nothing" running.. I will try to read further into what you were saying.. or I might try another reformat to factory settings :/

And just start from there.. update my drivers, put the necessary software on here. And post everything I did with this one, so you guys can tell me what i can get rid of what i should keep :-p

My Computer

A format gets rid of everything, so if you have stuff left over from your "last" install, you didn't format, as nothing can survive that.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Built
    CPU
    Wolfdale E8400 3 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus P5E
    Memory
    4 x 2GB Corsair
    Graphics Card(s)
    BFGTech GTX260 OC
    Sound Card
    Onboard 5.1 w/ Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" CRT
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 1024
    Hard Drives
    2 x Seagate 250GB SATA RAID 0 (OS), 1 x Seagate 500GB (storage), Kingwin SATA removeable rack (Seagate 400GB for Windows 7)
    PSU
    BFG Tech 550W
    Case
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Cooling
    Stock
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech trackball
    Internet Speed
    6Mbps
Well I never formatted because my computer didnt come with a cd (dont ask me why.. bc it should of) I just did system restore :/ Anyway to format without a cd?

My Computer

How old is that system restore point trying to be a DVD? or is it a system restore partition?You see why it could be a very good idea you visited HP site, pretty sure it can detect hardware and do all work.

Trial and error could be as easy as unplugging stuff from computer while it is shut down, camera, printer, everything unnecessary for booting. You have to narrow down the troublesome part/driver. Try updating first.

You can untick all you like but as with registry cleaners be sure you know what it is what. Can go from bad to worse.

In start menu, type in "event" and run event viewer - navigate the spot I posted earlier.

May be you can use ServiWin to something useful, take a snapshot of all your drivers and services, version, state etc. everything. His MyEventViewer is nice as well, sort after date and what you see? Not the same as I suggested before with Vistas Event Viewer but can help as well.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD X2 6000
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5
    Memory
    Corsair 4x1gb 6400C4
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Onboard Realtek ALC889A
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 520W
    Case
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech MX1100R
    Internet Speed
    20mb down, 1mb up
Well I never formatted because my computer didnt come with a cd (dont ask me why.. bc it should of) I just did system restore :/ Anyway to format without a cd?

Most new systems don't ship with installation CD's and they're not required to, as long as you have some way to recover your operating system. HP's restore just reloads all the crap it shipped with to begin with.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Built
    CPU
    Wolfdale E8400 3 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus P5E
    Memory
    4 x 2GB Corsair
    Graphics Card(s)
    BFGTech GTX260 OC
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" CRT
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 1024
    Hard Drives
    2 x Seagate 250GB SATA RAID 0 (OS), 1 x Seagate 500GB (storage), Kingwin SATA removeable rack (Seagate 400GB for Windows 7)
    PSU
    BFG Tech 550W
    Case
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Cooling
    Stock
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech trackball
    Internet Speed
    6Mbps
So what can I do to completely format my computer, but keep the OS? That way I can post everything I did before, but get rid of all the crap I dont need..

My Computer

Here is my ServiWin results.. if it helps.. I am completely lost on what to do..

Now is there a way to completely reformat getting rid of everything, but keeping my OS like JUST the OS not the hundreds of things that HP added.. or just a select few.

Attachments

• serviwin.txt
    152.5 KB · Views: 92

My Computer

So what can I do to completely format my computer, but keep the OS? That way I can post everything I did before, but get rid of all the crap I dont need..

You would need to get your hands on an actual Vista DVD, you could use that to install using the product key on the COA sticker on your PC

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Built
    CPU
    Wolfdale E8400 3 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus P5E
    Memory
    4 x 2GB Corsair
    Graphics Card(s)
    BFGTech GTX260 OC
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" CRT
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 1024
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    BFG Tech 550W
    Case
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Cooling
    Stock
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech trackball
    Internet Speed
    6Mbps
And I should be able to find that online pretty easily correct? and just download it and burn it to a dvd, but then how would i processt on completely reformatting my computer?

My Computer

And I should be able to find that online pretty easily correct? and just download it and burn it to a dvd, but then how would i processt on completely reformatting my computer?

Well, not legally, but yes it's available if you know where to look. You would boot from the DVD and use the advanced disk options to format the hard drive and then clean install Vista.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Built
    CPU
    Wolfdale E8400 3 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus P5E
    Memory
    4 x 2GB Corsair
    Graphics Card(s)
    BFGTech GTX260 OC
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" CRT
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 1024
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    BFG Tech 550W
    Case
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Cooling
    Stock
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech trackball
    Internet Speed
    6Mbps
Is there a legal way of obtaining a vista dvd?

You'd have to purchase it. Microsoft does not provide installation media for OEM computers. You could also make a copy of a friends DVD, as you already have a valid license.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Built
    CPU
    Wolfdale E8400 3 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus P5E
    Memory
    4 x 2GB Corsair
    Graphics Card(s)
    BFGTech GTX260 OC
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" CRT
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 1024
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    BFG Tech 550W
    Case
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Cooling
    Stock
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech trackball
    Internet Speed
    6Mbps
even tho its not "legal" could i find vista, burn it and install it and use my already key i have for it to work?

Yes, provided it was an ISO of an unmolested Vista installation DVD, not a pirated installer.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Built
    CPU
    Wolfdale E8400 3 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus P5E
    Memory
    4 x 2GB Corsair
    Graphics Card(s)
    BFGTech GTX260 OC
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" CRT
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 1024
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    BFG Tech 550W
    Case
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Cooling
    Stock
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech trackball
    Internet Speed
    6Mbps